Navigate from a workflow ChildStep to another

Keyser_Soze
New Contributor III

Hello,

I have a workflow step of type 'Workspace, Certify'. Through a workspace button, I am able to complete/revert the step.

Community3.png

I am wondering If I can navigate to the 'Certify' window automatically upon completing workspace through a business rule, or we can only do so manually ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

BRApi.Workflow.Status.SetWorkflowStatus(si, wfClusterPK, StepClassificationTypes.Certify, WorkflowStatusTypes.InProcess, "Certify Started", "", "User clicked complete workflow", Guid.Empty)
selectionChangedTaskResult.ChangeSelectionChangedNavigationInDashboard = True
selectionChangedTaskResult.ModifiedSelectionChangedNavigationInfo.SelectionChangedNavigationType = XFSelectionChangedNavigationType.OpenPage
Dim navPath As String = "XFPage=Workflow"
selectionChangedTaskResult.ModifiedSelectionChangedNavigationInfo.SelectionChangedNavigationArgs = navPath

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

MikeG
Contributor III

Hi @Keyser_Soze,

I would like to do this also. Haven't had any luck as of yet.  In my setup I have a Server Task of Execute Dashboard Extender Business Rule, that does the WF Complete and Revert tasks.  There's no obvious API in the Extender TaskResult action to change the navigation.  On the button component, I've tried a POV Action of 'Change Workflow' but that does not advance it to step 2 of the WF task (the Certify action). 

Here's hoping someone here on Community has found the secret recipe.

Keyser_Soze
New Contributor III

The only workaround I found, for the time being, was to decompose the workflow steps into 2 different Workflows (Workspace & Certify separately).  This way, we can use the 'Button' properties to navigate between windows
I assume you thought of this one too but it does not do the job ... I hope JackLacava comes to the rescue hah

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

BRApi.Workflow.Status.SetWorkflowStatus(si, wfClusterPK, StepClassificationTypes.Certify, WorkflowStatusTypes.InProcess, "Certify Started", "", "User clicked complete workflow", Guid.Empty)
selectionChangedTaskResult.ChangeSelectionChangedNavigationInDashboard = True
selectionChangedTaskResult.ModifiedSelectionChangedNavigationInfo.SelectionChangedNavigationType = XFSelectionChangedNavigationType.OpenPage
Dim navPath As String = "XFPage=Workflow"
selectionChangedTaskResult.ModifiedSelectionChangedNavigationInfo.SelectionChangedNavigationArgs = navPath

Just what the doctor ordered, thanks sir ! 
@MikeG There goes our problem solved in seconds, haven't tried it yet but it seems logical

The main trick is to set the next step as InProcess, so the system will see it as "the item I should go to when opening the workflow". Then you trigger navigation and boom.

Boomshakala @JackLacava !!  You win Community for the day good sir!  That works.  2 key pieces for me to make it work highlighted here:  

MikeG_0-1706031562781.png

Best regards and a big thanks!