Page Caption of cubeviews in Dashboard with Tabs

BenvanBergen
Contributor

I have added below as improvement suggestion in IdeaStream.

In have some cubeviews with page captions that give some details on the content, when I use a dashboard with Tabs in a workflow, the description of the Dashboard component becomes the page caption.

Is there another place where I can add a caption?

Example:

Cubeview has Page Caption:  Outbound Freight Rates Direct Shipments from |CVUD2Desc| |CVScenario| |WFYear| in USD (Incoterms based on customer master data), it shows like this:

BenvanBergen_1-1724838242159.png

Dashboard component cubeview has Description: Outbound Freight Direct Shipments and this becomes the page caption like below:

BenvanBergen_2-1724838389785.png

I would like and expect to see the page caption as maintained in the cubeview.

4 REPLIES 4

Ioana
New Contributor III

Hello,

Did you try removing the cubeview component description?

Hi Iona, it does work, but then the technical name is shown in the tab. Not very user friendly, so will need to change the naming convention if this is the solution.

BenvanBergen_0-1724855396192.png

Thanks for the hint!

If you give your dashboard or embedded dashboard component a description, that is what should then show.  You can definitely get the tabs with the description you want, and I believe it's the embedded component for which you want to add your description.

Teresa C. Kress
Principal Delivery Manager Partner Enablement | OneStream Software

Thanks @T_Kress , When I add the component description it shows in the tab of the dashboard, see the screenshot in the original post, in that case the Page caption from the cubeview is not shown as header. If I do not use a component description the technical name comes in the tab and then I do have the Page Caption from the cubeview as header. I would like both, component description in the tab and page caption in the header of the report. But changing the name of the cubeview dashboard component is a reasonable option.

I  truly appreciate the suggestions.