Parent Filter in Data Management Step

ED
New Contributor

Hi, 

I'm having difficulties trying to specify the Parent Filter in the data management step and was wondering if anyone has encounter this before and can suggest a better approach.

I'm creating a data management step to trigger custom calculate elimination rule and trying to specify multiple parent members however it doesn't seem to work properly.

When debugging the BR, i can see api.pov.parent is returning nothing whenever multiple parent members are specified in the parent filter of the Data Management Step. 

It does work properly when a single parent member is defined, but this means I need to create multiple data management steps to triger the same calculation. 

Below is the illustration of this scenario. Appreciate all the help/advise i can get. Thank you.

issue_specifying_parent_filter.jpg

1 REPLY 1

JackLacava
Honored Contributor

From quick tests, it looks to me like Parent is not really a filter, and will only accept a single member (or a list of 1 member), or blank. You might want to talk to Support about that.

A workaround would be to pass your filter as a parameter instead, and then deal with this into the rule itself.