Prompt users for parameters selection when running a pre-process step

AndreaF
Contributor III
Hi, I have a data management step/data management sequence that use member dialog parameters, which means users are prompted for the parameters selection when running them.
AndreaF_0-1679921720469.png

I have attached the data management sequence to a Pre-process step of a workflow (via calculation definition, setting the filter value equal to the data management sequence name and using a DataQualityEventHandler rule). However, when running the Pre-process step the data management sequence runs using the default values for the parameters and users are not prompted for the parameters selection. How do I make so that users are prompted for the parameters selection when running the Pre-process step?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

As far as I know, you can't - the Process interface is not meant to be interactive.

You could retrieve values in your rule from some predetermined but easy-to-maintain place, typically the Text1-4 properties in the workflow profile where you have the Process step (using .GetAttributeValue on the profile object).

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

As far as I know, you can't - the Process interface is not meant to be interactive.

You could retrieve values in your rule from some predetermined but easy-to-maintain place, typically the Text1-4 properties in the workflow profile where you have the Process step (using .GetAttributeValue on the profile object).