Recurring Journals

RonnieKarpinsk
New Contributor III

Hello,

Does OneStream allow recurring journals? 

7 REPLIES 7

Greg_S
New Contributor II

I believe the approach would be to create journal templates that you would use to create the journals and post every month.

EricOsmanski
Valued Contributor

You can also adjust the No Data Zero View For Adjustments on the Scenario. This would apply to all adjustments in the scenario. This setting tells OS how to handle the data when you do not load anything. Should that no data be treated Periodic or YTD. Assuming you are in the Actuals scenario, putting this setting as Periodic should carry forward the previous YTD value when a journal is not posted in the current period (i.e., recurring). 

You can also change this on individual accounts, but it would be for ALL Scenario Types.

I tried doing this at the account level and after consolidating see no difference. Tried both Periodic and YTD and still doesn't populate anything past the original entry. Is there anything else I need to do at the journal level?

What Account Type is the Account you are using?

It's a liability

I probably should have been more specific in my initial post, but this won't work for Balance type accounts (Balance/Asset/Liability) because they do not have a Periodic/YTD component to them. If you were posting to a Flow which had Switch Type = True with a Balance account it should work.

prash4030
New Contributor II

Hi Eric,

In our implementation, Actuals scenario type and No Data Zero View For Adjustments both are YTD. if i change No Data Zero View For Adjustments to periodic, will this have any impact on historical JVs or any other impact actuals (which we will continue to use YTD).

We've a similar requirement where we want to post JV in OneStream. i tried your solution in test and it is working for P&L but just wanted to confirm if you see any potential risk.

thank you in advance!