Remove text from entities in Data Management

Marco
Contributor II

Hi Everyone.

I have some entities that have text at the end, for example “_Test”, and what I want to do is that in the data management I can remove the text at the end to use the original entities.
Example: 12001_12000_Test to 12001_12000

I want to remove that in the section that is in the image, so I wanted to know if it is possible or if there is a solution so that the api.Data.calculate and api.Data.SetDataCell use that entity without the “_Test”.

Marco_0-1722277838922.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

TheJonG
Contributor II

I think I am missing something but I think you just need to manipulate the source entity and leave the entity off the destination side. 

You are copying from Entity to Entity_Test, correct?

If you define the _Test entities in the DM Step then your rule would look like this:

Dim povEntity As String = api.Pov.Entity.Name
Dim povEntityRemove_Test As String = povEntity.Replace("_Test","")
api.Data.calculate("A#S_HEADCOUNT = E#" & povEntityRemove_Test & ":A#Headcount")

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

TheJonG
Contributor II

Hi Marco - if I am understanding your question correctly, the entities returned by E#Root.WFProfileEntities would all have '_Test' at the end and you'd like to have the '_Test' removed?

If this is correct, you can do this through an XFBR rule which loops through the entities and removes "_Test". I have pasted some sample code below. To implement, you can replace E#Root.WFProfileEntities with XFBR(MarcoParamHelper, RemoveTestFromEntities) in the Entity filter of you Data Management step.

Imports System
Imports System.Collections.Generic
Imports System.Data
Imports System.Data.Common
Imports System.Globalization
Imports System.IO
Imports System.Linq
Imports Microsoft.VisualBasic
Imports OneStream.Finance.Database
Imports OneStream.Finance.Engine
Imports OneStream.Shared.Common
Imports OneStream.Shared.Database
Imports OneStream.Shared.Engine
Imports OneStream.Shared.Wcf
Imports OneStream.Stage.Database
Imports OneStream.Stage.Engine

Namespace OneStream.BusinessRule.DashboardStringFunction.MarcoParamHelper
	Public Class MainClass
		Public Function Main(ByVal si As SessionInfo, ByVal globals As BRGlobals, ByVal api As Object, ByVal args As DashboardStringFunctionArgs) As Object
			Try
				If args.FunctionName.XFEqualsIgnoreCase("RemoveTestFromEntities") Then

Dim wfProfileEntities As List(Of WorkflowProfileEntityInfo) = BRApi.Workflow.Metadata.GetProfileEntities(si, si.WorkflowClusterPk.profileKey)

Dim newEntityList As New Text.StringBuilder
					Dim isFirstItem As Boolean = True

For Each wfProfileEntity As WorkflowProfileEntityInfo In wfProfileEntities

Dim wfProfileEntityName As String = wfProfileEntity.EntityName

If isFirstItem Then
							newentityList.Append("E#" & wfProfileEntityName.Replace("_Test",""))
						Else

newentityList.Append(",E#" & wfProfileEntityName.Replace("_Test",""))
						End If

isFirstItem = False
					Next

Return newEntityList.ToString
				End If

Return Nothing
			Catch ex As Exception
				Throw ErrorHandler.LogWrite(si, New XFException(si, ex))
			End Try
		End Function
	End Class
End Namespace

Marco
Contributor II

Hi Jon.
I already had my method to do it in the BR, but I had this question because I am running the following

api.Data.calculate("Cb#[HLFPLN]:S#" & strScenario & ":E#"& strEntity_O &":O#Import:A#S_HEADCOUNT:F#None:U5#None:U6#None = Cb#[HLFPLP]:S#" & strScenario & ":E#"& strEntity &":O#Top:A#Headcount:F#TotalEmployeeFlow:U5#PLPDrivers:U6#PLPStatusBase")

where strEntity_O is the entity without the text, and strEntity is with the text, but I understand that the data calculate uses the entity that comes from the data management, and that is where I have an error “Invalid destination data unit in script”.do you know a way to solve this?

TheJonG
Contributor II

You cannot have an entity specified in the destination script as it is inherited from the POV which comes from the DM Step as you said. Are you trying to copy data from Entity_Test to Entity? If so, you can declare a variable to get the POV entity (from the DM step) and then add the _Test to it and reference that in the source script and remove the entity from the destination script altogether. 

Marco
Contributor II

my problem is that the test entities are located in different places, so I don't know if there is a possibility to configure the api.data.calculate or make it work that way without problem

TheJonG
Contributor II

What do you mean the entities are in different places? Do you mean different cubes? 

Marco
Contributor II

I say that the entities that have _test have different parents, and likewise I am making the copy from PLP to PLN.So there is no way to configure the api.data.calculate to work as I expect it to?

TheJonG
Contributor II

I think I am missing something but I think you just need to manipulate the source entity and leave the entity off the destination side. 

You are copying from Entity to Entity_Test, correct?

If you define the _Test entities in the DM Step then your rule would look like this:

Dim povEntity As String = api.Pov.Entity.Name
Dim povEntityRemove_Test As String = povEntity.Replace("_Test","")
api.Data.calculate("A#S_HEADCOUNT = E#" & povEntityRemove_Test & ":A#Headcount")

Marco
Contributor II

I was referring to the case of modifying the api.Data.Calculate to change the entities that it has for the Data Management, this to change the entities that the function with _Test has inside, to remove them. since the problem of the entities I mentioned, is that they are in those parents that are not the dummy, and they are not together in a place to put that section in the entities of the data management.

Marco_0-1722380392589.png

TheJonG
Contributor II

The only way to run an api.Data.Calculate in an entity that is not in the POV is to kickoff a CustomCalculcate rule from the Business Rule. You can pass in the right entity in through the param dictionary.

Dim brParamDict As New Dictionary(Of String, String) From {{"Cube", api.Pov.Cube.name},
								                        {"Entity", "NewEntityName},
								                        {"Consolidation", "Local"},
								                        {"Scenario", api.Pov.Scenario.Name},
								                        {"Time", timedimhelper.GetYearFromId(api.Pov.Time.MemberId)},
								                        {"View", "YTD"}}

'Trigger custom calculate
								BRApi.Finance.Calculate.ExecuteCustomCalculateBusinessRule(si, "CustomCalcRule", "RuleName", brParamDict, CustomCalculateTimeType.CurrentPeriod)

Marco
Contributor II

Thank you very much Jon for the help, I used an XFBR String to be able to treat those entities and it worked for me, thank you for answering every doubt.