Security Access Error. Unable to create journal.

Marcello
Contributor

Hi all 

have you ever seen this error message?

I am logged as administrator but when I try to import the journal from excel I receive this error message.

"Security Access Error. Unable to create journal. Company X 2021M12_Investment Template Top_ACTUAL_TEST."

Marcello_0-1665912060954.png

Thanks for help,

Marcello

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Michel,

I opened a ticket to the support and we understood it is a wrong error message related to the missing suffix of the "workflow name"

OneStream error message in this case is misleading because:
- if the WF name is completely wrong you get a proper error message
- if the ".Adj" is missing the system returns with the security issues which is a misleading error message

Thanks for the help 

Marcello

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Michel_Sabourin
Contributor II

I've seen this before, and it's a fairly generic message. Usually it means that either one of your dimension entries is not correct (sometimes extra spaces can cause that), or template name might be missing. Check all the pieces of the journal, and make sure there's a named range of the journal contents that starts with xfj

Hi Michel,

I opened a ticket to the support and we understood it is a wrong error message related to the missing suffix of the "workflow name"

OneStream error message in this case is misleading because:
- if the WF name is completely wrong you get a proper error message
- if the ".Adj" is missing the system returns with the security issues which is a misleading error message

Thanks for the help 

Marcello