Transformation rules - character error (Quickbooks)

zwcope
New Contributor

Trying to write transformation rules for a delimited TB file and Onestream does not recognize the "dot"/bullet point character. Makes it impossible to do a transformation profile load/extract to load mapping data, as when I load the transformation profile via load/extract the bullet points come through fine. But when the actual TB file is loaded to the workflow, the bullet points are not recognized. Thoughts?

zwcope_1-1723221769267.png

zwcope_0-1723221719564.png

2 REPLIES 2

TheJonG
Contributor II

Hi - this can be done by attaching a parser business rule or complex expression to the dimension in the Data Source.

Go to the Account Dimension in your Data Source and change the logical operator to 'Complex Expression'

TheJonG_0-1723224147470.png

In the complex expression, paste the below script:

'This a prebuilt function in the API that removes characters not valid for an XF name property
	Return args.Value = StringHelper.RemoveInvalidNameCharacters(args.Value, False)

TheJonG_1-1723224216269.png

This script uses a prebuilt function that will remove unrecognized characters from the field value.

zwcope
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply Jon- unfortunately when I do this it returns every one of my values as either True or False. Any thoughts as to why this is would happen?