Writing to the Cube using Confirmation Rule?

OSAdmin
Valued Contributor
Originally posted by James Kirkby

Hello:

I want to have a confirmation rule write a value to a single intersection (api.data.calculate) by either calling a finance business rule or writing the calculate directly into rule text. The rule loops thru base entities and certain accounts, then writes the value stored there to a single member; basically, a check to ensure that all base members foot to the top of a hierarchy in USD (We have had issues with this in the past, and now have historical data that doesn't foot in certain areas identified in our most recent conversion.)

I don't want this to run on a member formula as it will significantly slow down consolidation on all other data units, and this really is a confirmation by nature; a data quality check. Our consultants suspect that this may be by design; that during the running of confirmation rule, the cube can't get written to.

PS - I can confirm the data calculate is in fact running as I'm writing the calc string to the error log; also that the intersection I'm writing to is in fact open for writing.

Let me know your thoughts and thank you:

James Kirkby

2 REPLIES 2

ChristianW
Valued Contributor

Did your consultants try to use:

Dim dataCellExs as new list(of DataCellEx)
brapi.finance.Data.SetDataCellsUsingMemberScript(si, MemberScriptAndValueList)

This simulates a manual input, you can only write to o#forms (not to o#import).

Ok, I did some test and it works, but it throws an error message and prevents the confirmation rule from succeeding:

ChristianW_0-1634815055849.png

But you can catch the error using the try keyword, here is the code I used for the test:

Try
	Dim oneMemberSriptAndValue As New MemberScriptAndValue("Houston", "Cb#GolfStream:E#[South Houston]:C#Local:S#Actual:T#2022M3:V#YTD:A#Headcount:F#NewHires:O#Forms:I#None:U1#MatMgt:U2#None:U3#None:U4#None:U5#None:U6#None:U7#None:U8#None", 99999, False, "")
	Dim MemberScriptAndValueList As New List(Of MemberScriptAndValue)
	MemberScriptAndValueList.Add(oneMemberSriptAndValue)
	brapi.finance.Data.SetDataCellsUsingMemberScript(si, MemberScriptAndValueList)
Catch ex As Exception
	'Throw ErrorHandler.LogWrite(si, New XFException(si, ex))
End Try

args.ConfirmationRuleArgs.DisplayValue = api.Data.GetDataCell("A#Headcount:U1#MFG:U2#Top:U3#Top:U4#Top:O#Top").cellAmount

If args.ConfirmationRuleArgs.DisplayValue = 0 Then
     Return False
Else
     Return True
End If

Hope this helps