how can I have 1 entity in different workflows

Marco
Contributor

I got this validation error in plp's Export to cube, and I know it's because I don't have that entity associated to the workflow, but I would like to know if there is a way to solve it without having to remove that entity from the other workflow in which it is.

Marco_0-1717626365873.png

2 REPLIES 2

FredLucas
Contributor II

Hi @Marco,

If you set the "can load unrelated entities" setting to True on your Workflow step it will allow you to load data against any Entity through that step. However, as you probably know, locking these WF steps (where the entity is not assigned) will not lock the data unit.

You could also consider if it could make sense to move this step to under the workflow where the Entity is already assigned to. The workflow set up should be carefully designed, I'd advise you to take your time to consider all options and do a pros and cons analysis prior to implementing it.

Hi Marco,

Agree with Fred's comments. If you want some input forms in the workflow that should have specific entity details you may consider to put the entity in on of the text fields of the workflow profile, then you can refer to it in the cube views with |WFText1| for example.

This is maybe not directly relevant to this question, but you can assign an entity to only 1 workflow profile and the user text helps us to reduce selections on input forms.