launch automatically the import that uses a connector data source

mtejjini
New Contributor III

Hello,

I'm looking for a function to put in a extensibility rule that will be handled via a data management sequence to execute an automatic import in a workflow that uses a connector datasource:

mtejjini_1-1723468502331.png

This function : Dim batchInfo As WorkflowBatchFileCollection = BRApi.Utilities.ExecuteFileHarvestBatch(si, fixedScenario, systemTime, valTransform, valIntersect, loadCube, processCube, confirm, autoCertify, False) executes the harvest file, in my case i want it to execute the connector businessrule

Does anyone know how to do this? your help is much appreciated.
thank you mtejjini_2-1723468509958.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

TheJonG
Contributor II

Here is a BRApi call that will trigger an Import from an import step that uses a connector rule. Note the SourceDataOriginTypes.FromDirectConnection argument which specifies that it is a direct connect.

Dim impProcessInfo As LoadTransformProcessInfo = BRApi.Import.Process.ExecuteParseAndTransform(si, si.WorkflowClusterPk, "", Nothing, TransformLoadMethodTypes.Replace, SourceDataOriginTypes.FromDirectConnection, True)

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

TheJonG
Contributor II

Here is a BRApi call that will trigger an Import from an import step that uses a connector rule. Note the SourceDataOriginTypes.FromDirectConnection argument which specifies that it is a direct connect.

Dim impProcessInfo As LoadTransformProcessInfo = BRApi.Import.Process.ExecuteParseAndTransform(si, si.WorkflowClusterPk, "", Nothing, TransformLoadMethodTypes.Replace, SourceDataOriginTypes.FromDirectConnection, True)

mtejjini
New Contributor III

Thank you, this is working!

JoakimK
New Contributor III

So, I see you have had one reply above, which works, but just to expand on this a little.

You can use that function you are referring to, all you would need to do is to first make sure you create an empty file in the Batch Harvest folder, lets call it a "trigger" file, with the correct naming convention to identify the WF name, Scenario, Time and load method (just the same as it would have been a file containing data). Then when you execute the BRApi.Utilities.ExecuteFileHarvestBatch the system will know its a connector based import workflow and will trigger the import to take place.

Secondly, there is a solution available on Solution Exchange, in OpenPlace, called "Data Import Schedule Manager" which is a tool to help you schedule connector based workflows in a very easy way.

Hope that helps.

mtejjini
New Contributor III

Hello @JoakimK?,
I downloaded the "Data Import Schedule Manager" solution and set up an automatic import with it but the import failed because of this:

mtejjini_1-1723622672740.png

mtejjini_0-1723622489455.png

Do you know how this can be solved ? 
Thank you for you help.

mtejjini
New Contributor III

The version of the solution downloaded is DSM_PV8.2.0_SV100_PackageContents.
Framework 4.8

mtejjini
New Contributor III

I changed this part of the BusinessRule Extender DSM_EmailHelper :

Dim fileExists As Boolean = False
				If My.Computer.FileSystem.FileExists(filepathNoSpace) Then
					If Not fileAttachmentPaths.Contains(filepathNoSpace) Then
						fileAttachmentPaths.Add(filepathNoSpace)
					End If
					fileExists = True
				End If

by putting this one instead: 

Dim fileExists As Boolean = False	         
                If File.Exists(filepathNoSpace) Then
                    If Not fileAttachmentPaths.Contains(filepathNoSpace) Then
                        fileAttachmentPaths.Add(filepathNoSpace)
                    End If
                    fileExists = True
                End If

and it worked fine for me. @JoakimK  do you see any inconveniant for this change ? 
Thanks for your help

JoakimK
New Contributor III

That is exactly right! And this is how it should be fixed. I will notify the owner of the solution to make sure its updated in OpenPlace as well. Thank you.

mtejjini
New Contributor III

Thank you so much Joakim, i will look at the solution available on OnePlace 👌👍