transformationEventHandler

Oscar
Contributor

I need to capture username, date, time, and status, for two processes via Event Handler

• load data to cube using workflow profile koolwf
  • force consolidate Actuals

Could someone please point me to sample code or literature? I have been able to gather that I may need to use the transformationEventHandler but can't really reference the data types needed to pull the information listed above. Any guidance is greatly appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The video referenced below touches on the Journal Event Handler (which we have already implemented and there is a great working example in GolfStream). The video then goes on to mention that other Event Handlers exist ... one of which allows you to interact with the web server wcf (good to know I guess). I, however, found a black diamond advisory article which touches on the functionality we need around Data Quality Event Handlers. Wish they would expand more on the topic, but this is actually helpful. GolfStream does not have much around Data Quality Event Handlers.

https://blackdiamondadvisory.com/2022/03/29/no-calc-to-calc/

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

MarcusH
Contributor III

You need DataQualityEventHandler I think (I have never used it though). The Operation Types can be found in the object BREventOperationType.DataQuality. It has operations for processing the cube and consolidating. GolfStream has a few examples.

The video referenced below touches on the Journal Event Handler (which we have already implemented and there is a great working example in GolfStream). The video then goes on to mention that other Event Handlers exist ... one of which allows you to interact with the web server wcf (good to know I guess). I, however, found a black diamond advisory article which touches on the functionality we need around Data Quality Event Handlers. Wish they would expand more on the topic, but this is actually helpful. GolfStream does not have much around Data Quality Event Handlers.

https://blackdiamondadvisory.com/2022/03/29/no-calc-to-calc/

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

Search in Navigator for courses on Event Handlers; there is some starter material (reserved to Passport subscribers) as well as an episode of "Conversations with IT" ("Data Sequence Management and Use of Event Handlers") showing how to use handlers.

Oscar
Contributor

thank you much for the above