Certification Questions in foreign languages

MarcusH
Contributor II

I am going through the process of making an application multi-language. There is one area that I cannot work out and it is an important element: Certification Questions. I am using XFStrings to hold the translated text and this is then used on Cube Views, Dashboards, Confirmation Rules etc. Certification Questions do not execute the XFString function and there is no event I can find for building the Certification Questions form. Does anyone have any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I checked and yeah, this seems a bit of a shortcoming by the standard platform. There might be a Marketplace solution that provides something like that, but I honestly don't know. You're more than welcome to post the suggestion in IdeaStream, although it could take some time before it's implemented (I expect it would require significant work).

The only workaround I can see, is to build a custom Dashboard that effectively wraps the certification process, so you're in complete control of the UI. It's going to be a lot of work though... The relevant BRApi calls to manage certification are these:

JackLacava_0-1684414810517.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

Did you try wrapping your XFString in an XFBR call instead? Just a thought, I've not tried it.

XFBR doesn't work either. Good idea though.

I checked and yeah, this seems a bit of a shortcoming by the standard platform. There might be a Marketplace solution that provides something like that, but I honestly don't know. You're more than welcome to post the suggestion in IdeaStream, although it could take some time before it's implemented (I expect it would require significant work).

The only workaround I can see, is to build a custom Dashboard that effectively wraps the certification process, so you're in complete control of the UI. It's going to be a lot of work though... The relevant BRApi calls to manage certification are these:

JackLacava_0-1684414810517.png

Thanks for that Jack. I will have a look at them - it all depends on the client. It looks like a custom dashboard if they want it.