Copy Budget sceanrio data into a Bv2 Scenario

OSAdmin
Valued Contributor
Originally posted by Erin Nielsen

Hello,

Is there a way to easily copy over our Budget Scenario and all of the data in it, into a Budget V2 Scenario, so that i can add data to the Budget v2 Scenario? Essentially allowing the app to have two versions of the budget?

Thanks,

Erin

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

OSAdmin
Valued Contributor
Originally posted by Chul Smith

You can use a Copy Data DM job or use a seeding rule, similar to how forecast data is seeded from Actuals and Budget/prior forecast.

View solution in original post

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

Updating this old solution just to mention this can now be done with Hybrid Scenarios in recent versions.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

OSAdmin
Valued Contributor
Originally posted by Chul Smith

You can use a Copy Data DM job or use a seeding rule, similar to how forecast data is seeded from Actuals and Budget/prior forecast.

RamuV
New Contributor III

So I have been working on various ways to copy data from one scenario to another and figured out that the DM Copy Data step is probably the slowest. The Custom Calculate and using a Business Rule to copy data from one scenario to another seems more efficient and faster

RV

JPierluissi
New Contributor II

HI Ramu,

Can you share the business rule code? I am creating a dashboard for budget scenario maintenance, and I need to be pointed in the right direction to perform the copy when the dashboard button is pressed.  The dashboard basically asks the user to select entities, source and destination scenarios to copy, and the button will perform the copy.

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

Updating this old solution just to mention this can now be done with Hybrid Scenarios in recent versions.