How to assign images to Tree View nodes when not using the Default Workspace

RobbSalzmann
Valued Contributor

I have a dashboard that uses a Tree View.  Its in a named workspace.  The only way I can get images to work with it is to upload the images to a Default Workspace.  Is there a way to reference my images in the workspace where the Tree View is?

RobbSalzmann_0-1687545351222.png

6 REPLIES 6

MikeG
Contributor III

Hi @RobbSalzmann my guess is this worked for you just fine prior to v7.3 with the introduction to Workspaces.  I don't have a solid answer to support you on this one, do you know what the syntax is that is required to identify the Workspace?

MikeG_0-1687872638467.png

I'll follow this post, I'd like to know the syntax needed to support this.

RobbSalzmann
Valued Contributor

@MikeG Agree.  I think this may be overlooked/not QA'd yet as the transition is being made to Named Workspaces.  

Hey Robb,

make sure you file it with Support. I can't help this week unfortunately, might have a look next week, but if it's a regression then Support really need to know.

jesvam
New Contributor III

Hijacking this topic. I have a hierarchy that has varied depths, some nodes are 3 children deep and some other are 5 etc. 

I'm trying to make a multi select hierarchy filter for a BI Viewer.

Using the Tree View I am able to recreate the hierarchy I want, but I can't make it multiselect?

Using the Tree View in the BI Viewer, I can make it multiselect but then I can't dynamically show different levels of depths for each node?

Grateful for ideas.

Btw if you define an invalid tree hierarchy, such as recurring unique names, or making items parents of each other, the data adapter dataset is vieweable but the dashboard component it's attached to causes the program to crash instead of throwing an error. 

Br, Jesper

RobbSalzmann
Valued Contributor

Yogi Berra would tell you, "Recurring unique names are not unlike differing similarities." 😉

These are good questions. Its probably better to start a new forum topic for them so that others may find it.  This topic is older and not getting much attention. 

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Jesper,

As Robb said, you'll probably get more luck if you post this as a new thread.