VLookUP Table

mariavalenv19
New Contributor II

Hi, 

I'm trying to look up values from a VLookUp table (previously made in the Transformation Rules) within a Complex Rule in my Data Source, @MMomentoff how could I this? Thank you very much in advanced.

Best,

Nieves

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

KarlT
New Contributor III

Hi,

You can use the function:

BRApi.Utilities.TransformText(si, "LookupItem", "LookupGroupName", Boolean)

where "lookupitem" is the item you wish to look up and the "lookupgroupname" is the name of the name of the lookup transformation group. the boolean determines how to handle in the event the lookup item is not found. (see the intellisense information in OS)

If you will need to look up the same item repeatedly, you may want to consider using the global objects to store the results of previous lookups to avoid repeated calls of the BRAPI.

Regards,

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

KarlT
New Contributor III

Hi,

You can use the function:

BRApi.Utilities.TransformText(si, "LookupItem", "LookupGroupName", Boolean)

where "lookupitem" is the item you wish to look up and the "lookupgroupname" is the name of the name of the lookup transformation group. the boolean determines how to handle in the event the lookup item is not found. (see the intellisense information in OS)

If you will need to look up the same item repeatedly, you may want to consider using the global objects to store the results of previous lookups to avoid repeated calls of the BRAPI.

Regards,

mariavalenv19
New Contributor II

Hi Karl,

This worked perfectly, now we're trying to figure out how to make an error message pop when there is no value in the table. Thank you very much! 

Best Regards,

Nieves

KarlT
New Contributor III

Hi Nieves, Rather than throw an error I would try an "import>Workspace" type workflow so you can review the "untransformed" items after import and maybe prevent workspace completion if this list isn't empty.

Hi, are you using the TransformText on a Transformation Rule Group ? I tried to get it to work but it always returns the same Item I'm using as a second parameter (after SI), isn't this supposed to return the Target on the table instead of the source ?

Dim s_TargetAccount As String = args.GetTarget("A#")
Dim s_D365TF As String = "Dynamics_MainUD2"
Dim s_TargetProduct As String = ""
brapi.ErrorLog.LogMessage(si, "s_TargetAccount: " + s_TargetAccount)

s_TargetProduct = BRApi.Utilities.TransformText(si, s_TargetAccount, s_D365TF, True)

brapi.ErrorLog.LogMessage(si, "s_TargetProduct: " + s_TargetProduct)

Maybe I'm doing something wrong :S

KarlT
New Contributor III

Hi, with the "true" setting in the function, i believe it will return the source if it cannot find a mapping for it.

Have you logged the source account to ensure that it is correct and checked that a mapping exists in the transformation group for it?