Annotation - Cell comments, attachments in Cubeview and Quickview

Harv
New Contributor III

When a comment is added to a cell or file is attached to a cell, there is not mark on that cell for other users to know about the comment or attachment. Is there a way to highlight the cell with tick mark or anything else for the user to realize there is a comment? When view annotation is used to add the comment, it is not obvious to the user that there is a comment on a specific cell as there is not red tick on the cell. Appreciate your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NickHymes
New Contributor III

I looked into this a little more. You need to make sure on your cube views you have this setting turned on to TRUE

NickHymes_0-1689801469468.png

After that, you should see an "orange triangle" indicating that there is a cell attachment. 

NickHymes_1-1689801525968.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

NickHymes
New Contributor III

Alternatively, you could a pull cube view with an annotation column to apply/read comments that are posted.

NickHymes
New Contributor III

I looked into this a little more. You need to make sure on your cube views you have this setting turned on to TRUE

NickHymes_0-1689801469468.png

After that, you should see an "orange triangle" indicating that there is a cell attachment. 

NickHymes_1-1689801525968.png

Harv
New Contributor III

Thanks Nick! This was helpful. Is there a way we can see this red mark in quick view as well?

Jones
New Contributor III

Hey, hope its ok to add a followup question to this thread on the same topic.

I have added Cell Attachment Status to "true" and adding comment with a red marking works fine in my adjustment view in my cubeview.

However, what I would like to archive is to also get the marking to be shown on my other "total" view. The comment do "roll up" in the data attachment view for selected data unit. But the red marking is not shown.

Where I put my comment and red marking appear: 

JonesHedlund_0-1703063263227.png

Parent members in a different view with no marking. 

JonesHedlund_1-1703063374974.png

On parent level, If i select "Data attachment for selected Data Unit" is showing the comment. But no red mark.

JonesHedlund_2-1703063799973.png

thanks in advance

Please sign in! Harv