Conditional formatting based on the value of other rows and columns

AndreaF
Contributor III

Hi all, does this 2021 OS community post by OneStream still hold true?

AndreaF_3-1685107308710.png

I would like the cells from the FTE row to be formatted in a certain way (for example set the background to red) when the FTE check cell amount is not zero. Is there a way other than the XFBR they suggest (which looks like an overkill for what I need to do)?

AndreaF_2-1685107274460.png

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

Not that I know (although CVs are not exactly my forte). As an alternative idea, you could put the check cells on columns instead, side-by-side with the actual value, basically creating a traffic-light report. You would then probably have to override it for other rows.

If this is on a Dashboard, you might want to look into Pivot Grids, which have some additional (and pretty cool) formatting options, including calculated fields.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

Not that I know (although CVs are not exactly my forte). As an alternative idea, you could put the check cells on columns instead, side-by-side with the actual value, basically creating a traffic-light report. You would then probably have to override it for other rows.

If this is on a Dashboard, you might want to look into Pivot Grids, which have some additional (and pretty cool) formatting options, including calculated fields.

tsequeira
New Contributor

Hi!

In the Cell format, on rows formatting settings, you can define for example:

If (CellAmount <> 0) Then
BackgroundColor = red
End If

The code you posted checks the value of the cell itself. What I am looking for is formatting based on the value from a different cell (different row to be precise)

Hi there!

i would like to compare actual vs budget value. can you suggest how can i do?

thanks