Create a Cubeview Entity List From "In Use" and Member Property "ReadWriteDataGroup"

Jared
New Contributor II

Hello All, 

I am trying to create a cube view or report if necessary to list our active Entities. I've been able to filter by "In Use", but we also need to include the Member Property of "ReadWriteDataGroup" where its set to "Administrator".  Is that even possible or would a Business Rule Member List contain the arguments necessary?

Jared_G_0-1678899488416.png

Thanks for any suggestions!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jared wrote:

I found that member filter, but since we always have something in that field, it's always True.

I guess you mean that some entities have a different RWGroup, but the user is in that group as well, so the check always succeeds... in fact, if the user is an Administrator, I expect that check might always succeed regardless.

There isn't a way to do this in Where, I'm afraid; the only supported clauses are listed in the Design and Reference Guide in paragraph "Member Expansion Where Clause".

There are obviously plenty of workarounds. You can leverage the Text1-8 properties (conventionally 8, since it's reporting-related) to create alternative "groups" specific to CVs, which you can then fully check with Where clauses; or you can write a custom member list function to implement the precise check on RWGroup that you want.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

EricOsmanski
Valued Contributor

E#Member.Base.Where((UserInReadWriteDataGroup = True) And (InUse = True))

Jared
New Contributor II

Thanks for the reply! 

I found that member filter, but since we always have something in that field, it's always True. I need a way to filter based on ReadWriteDataGroup = or <> Administrator.

Any ideas?

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jared wrote:

I found that member filter, but since we always have something in that field, it's always True.

I guess you mean that some entities have a different RWGroup, but the user is in that group as well, so the check always succeeds... in fact, if the user is an Administrator, I expect that check might always succeed regardless.

There isn't a way to do this in Where, I'm afraid; the only supported clauses are listed in the Design and Reference Guide in paragraph "Member Expansion Where Clause".

There are obviously plenty of workarounds. You can leverage the Text1-8 properties (conventionally 8, since it's reporting-related) to create alternative "groups" specific to CVs, which you can then fully check with Where clauses; or you can write a custom member list function to implement the precise check on RWGroup that you want.

Jared
New Contributor II

I came to the same conclusion. We are utilizing all of the text fields, so it looks like a custom member list will be our option.

thanks!