Error in report( error in the application)

grillin7
New Contributor II

Hello Team,

I have a user who, when opening certain specific reports, gets the following error:

grillin7_0-1676498712059.png

but with another user that has the same permissions this error does not appear.
To do a test, I created another native user, added exactly the same permissions as my user, and the error does not appear, it only appears to her (the problem user)::

----------------------------------------

Exception Type: XFException

Thread Id: 175

Source code: DataWcf.cs, line 137, method GetDataCellsUsingMultipleThreadsWithTimeout

Stack Trace:

at OneStream.Shared.Wcf.DataWcf.GetDataCellsUsingMultipleThreadsWithTimeout(SessionInfo si, ExternalWcfClient externalWcfClient, WorkflowUnitClusterPk wfClusterPk, DataCellPk povDataCellPk, List`1 dataCellPkAndCalcScripts, CubeViewGrid cubeViewGridOrNull, String cubeViewName, Dictionary`2 customSubstVars, DataCellDisplayOptions options, Int32 numSecondsBeforeLoggingGetDataCells) in C:\agent\_work\298\s\Source\Shared\Wcf\OneStreamWcfService\Implementation\Data\DataWcf.cs:line 137

at OneStream.Shared.Wcf.DataWcf.GetDataCells(SessionInfo si, ExternalWcfClient externalWcfClient, WorkflowUnitClusterPk wfClusterPk, DataCellPk povDataCellPk, List`1 dataCellPkAndCalcScripts, CubeViewGrid cubeViewGridOrNull, String cubeViewName, Dictionary`2 customSubstVars, DataCellDisplayOptions options) in C:\agent\_work\298\s\Source\Shared\Wcf\OneStreamWcfService\Implementation\Data\DataWcf.cs:line 74

at OneStream.Shared.Wcf.CubeViewGridAppServerHelper.ShouldRowBeSuppressedAndReadAhead(Int32 rowIndex) in C:\agent\_work\298\s\Source\Shared\Wcf\OneStreamWcfService\Implementation\Data\CubeViewGrid\CubeViewGridAppServerHelper.cs:line 263

at OneStream.Shared.Common.PovAndHeadersAndAmountsDataReader.Read() in C:\agent\_work\298\s\Source\Shared\Common\SharedCommonReportControls\DataProvider\CubeViewGridDataReaders\PovAndHeadersAndAmountsDataReader.cs:line 271

at System.Data.Common.DataAdapter.FillLoadDataRow(SchemaMapping mapping)

at System.Data.Common.DataAdapter.FillFromReader(DataSet dataset, DataTable datatable, String srcTable, DataReaderContainer dataReader, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, DataColumn parentChapterColumn, Object parentChapterValue)

at System.Data.Common.DataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, String srcTable, IDataReader dataReader, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords)

at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillInternal(DataSet dataset, DataTable[] datatables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)

at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)

at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, String srcTable)

at OneStream.Shared.Wcf.XFDataAdapterAppServer.FillCubeViewDataSet(DbConnInfo dbConnFW, DbConnInfo dbConnApp, DataSet dataSet, String resultsTableName, String cubeViewName, TriStateBool dataTablePerCubeViewRow, List`1 overriddenDataTableNamesByCVRowIndex, Dictionary`2 tempCubeViewItemCache) in C:\agent\_work\298\s\Source\Shared\Wcf\OneStreamWcfService\Implementation\Framework\DataProvider\XFDataAdapterAppServer.cs:line 39

at OneStream.Shared.Wcf.ReportViewer.InternalCreateCubeViewReport(SessionInfo si, DbRetryManager retryManager, XtraReport report, PageData pageData, String cubeViewName, Dictionary`2 customSubstVars, Boolean needToGetDataSet, Boolean attachDataSetToReportDataSource, Dictionary`2 tempCubeViewItemCache, TaskActivityStepWrapperItem parentTAStepItemOrNull, Boolean usePanels, DataSet& dataSet, Boolean& hasError, String& errorMsg) in C:\agent\_work\298\s\Source\Shared\Wcf\OneStreamWcfService\API\ReportViewer.cs:line 1027

at OneStream.Shared.Wcf.ReportViewer.CreateCubeViewReport(SessionInfo si, String reportName, PageData pageData, String cubeViewName, Dictionary`2 customSubstVars, Boolean needToGetDataSet, Boolean attachDataSetToReportDataSource, Dictionary`2 tempCubeViewItemCache, TaskActivityStepWrapperItem parentTAStepItemOrNull, Boolean usePanels, DataSet& dataSet, Boolean& hasError, String& errorMsg) in C:\agent\_work\298\s\Source\Shared\Wcf\OneStreamWcfService\API\ReportViewer.cs:line 896

at OneStream.Shared.Wcf.ReportViewer.CreateReportByName(String reportName) in C:\agent\_work\298\s\Source\Shared\Wcf\OneStreamWcfService\API\ReportViewer.cs:line 556

at DevExpress.XtraReports.Service.Native.Services.IntermediateReportService.CreateReportByName(String reportName, Boolean getParameters, IDelegateOverriddenFunctionalityReportService functionality)

at DevExpress.XtraReports.Service.Native.Services.IntermediateReportService.CreateReport_RegularCore(String reportName, Boolean getParameters, IDelegateOverriddenFunctionalityReportService functionality)

at DevExpress.XtraReports.Service.Native.Services.IntermediateReportService.CreateReport_Regular(String reportName, ReportParameter[] parameters, ReportCreationReason reason, IDelegateOverriddenFunctionalityReportService functionality)

at DevExpress.XtraReports.Service.Native.Services.IntermediateReportService.StartBuild(InstanceIdentity instanceIdentity, ReportBuildArgs buildArgs, IDelegateOverriddenFunctionalityReportService functionality)

at DevExpress.XtraReports.Service.ReportService.StartBuild(InstanceIdentity identity, ReportBuildArgs buildArgs)

at OneStream.Shared.Wcf.ReportViewer.StartBuild(InstanceIdentity identity, ReportBuildArgs buildArgs) in

3 REPLIES 3

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

The only suggestion I have is to check differences between users - you've looked at security but I'd check culture as well, particularly if any of the involved cell contains a Dynamic Calculation.

Did you open a support case? I can do it for you if you want. This sounds like a support issue.

Agreed. The usual suspects in such a case are the POV selection in the right hand pane as well as user culture.

grillin7
New Contributor II

it's weird because it only happens to her, even with a different user and the same permissions.
Thanks for your suggestion, I also opened a case in support and they tell me:

"I suspect the virtual desktop is the main problem. If there is another computer with either the desktop app or the click-once link, the user should be able to log in (browser history, cookies, and stored data may need to be deleted from the browser first)"

to use the user on another machine, they must request permissions from the security area since they cannot open OneStream on a different machine, and then I'll check de POV again. thank you, guys