Excel add in - Have several CubeView connections of same CV with different parameters for each CVCon

CarlosAlvear
Contributor

Dear all,

We have a case in which the client needs several copies of the same CV in excel, but having different parameters (selecting an account node) for each CV. Is it possible?

We know that defining the parameter internally in an excel file helps to avoid asking for that parameter again.

We tried to put 1 CV connection per sheet and one parameter per sheet, but it seems that only the 1st parameter is read and then updates all CV connections following this 1st set parameter. Do you have any idea how to deal with this in order to keep different parameters for each CV connection?

Thank you for the help.

Best regards,

Carlos

4 REPLIES 4

ABott73
New Contributor II

Hi Carlos,  the workaround I used for a similar example was to generate a macro that would loop through each of the sheets, apply the relevant parameter member and then just refresh the specific sheet / tab.  If that helps?  This was a while back but I don't think there has been any update to be able to perform this directly.   Thanks Andy

JonKunert
Contributor II

Carlos,  I feel your pain,  I submitted the same request a couple months ago.  The work around sucks as it just adds more maintenance.   I had to make 20+ extra workaround Cubeviews,  The all reference the same Row and Column Cubeviews to help limit the maintenance. 

ABott73
New Contributor II

Sorry I was meant to add that the macro workaround was still only pointing to one CubeView and so I didn't need to create copies of the original.

db_pdx
Contributor III

Hi CarlosAlvear: what is the frequency that the report will be refreshed?  If it's not high, this feels like a strong candidate for a Report Book with a Loop component.

You can have the report generate each account-report-combo and have it all exported to Excel in one go.

Reference Materials: