Similar parameter loop feature for power point extensible document as in report books?

aelmehelmi
New Contributor II

I am using powerpoint xfdoc to pull CV using alt text. This cube view had 3 parameters, each with 2 or 3 values. The ask is to pull each combination of those parameter on a different slide of the ppt. Is there a way to achieve that outside of report books loop feature where I can only export it as pdf?

7 REPLIES 7

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm not good at Extensible Docs, but the way you describe this problem, it sounds like something you could maybe execute with Data Adapters of type Cube View MD. They have Loop Parameters that you can specify, to do that sort of looping of a given Cube View over lists of members for up to 2 dimensions. You would then have to redisplay the data though, using a Grid View or some Chart, on a Dashboard.

Thanks Jack, I think the Cube View MD data adaptors will populate all results from looping parameters on the same table, then I need to find a way to split the results into CVs again to display on the final report, which takes me back to point 0. I will let you know if I find something. 

But now I am running into a bug using multiple CVs or charts on the same extensible document, seems like even if I set the correct Alt text to point to different CVs, I only get one CV on the output!!

aelmehelmi
New Contributor II

Working with OS support to identify the issue, and the solution was to use a complete different image on every slide for every CV or chart.

Now back to original issue of looping parameters for a cube view, is it possible to hard code CV parameters in the ppt image Alt Text? 

eeisenberg
New Contributor

Did you figure out how to hard code a parameter?  I would prefer a loop, but this looks like the best option I can find.

Hard coding parameter was not possible, ended up creating different CVs for each parameter combination. Just use the share option to copy Rows and Column from Original CVs or from Col/Row templates to minimize maintenance in the future.

dlame
New Contributor

I would also like to know how to loop a parameter into a slide and/or add a specific page number of a looped book as a possible work around. 

aelmehelmi
New Contributor II

Looks like you can only loop parameters on reports books which does not support ppt .