Assessed Loss utilised in current year - Tax

Qiniso
New Contributor III

Hi, anyone has worked with a similar member script or rule that has a conditions - eg assessed loss utilised in the current year is based on higher of $1 million and 80% of Current Taxable Income account. This is limited to the assessed loss carried forward account (Assessed loss carried forward is assessed loss bough forward, less assessed loss utilised in the current year). 

3 REPLIES 3

TheJonG
Contributor II

Hi - this is possible but in order to analyze cell amounts in a calculation you will need to declare a data buffer and then loop through the cells.

Qiniso
New Contributor III

Hi, thanks for the reply. Could you show me an example?

Here is an example of a Data Buffer Cell loop that would be a good starting point for your situation. I interpreted your explanation as you need to calculate the Assessed Loss Utilised Account which is set in the Destination Info on line 5. To determine this amount, you need to look at the Current Taxable Income account and take the greater of 80% of that amount or 1,000,000. So we declare a data buffer for that account (line 8 ) and then loop through all the cells within it. For each cell, we look at the cell amount and do the logic (lines 21-26). We then add the cell to the result buffer (empty buffer we created on line 4)  and then write that result buffer to the cube on line 33. The DestinationInfo has the Assessed Loss Utilised account defined we ultimately write back to that account. Not sure if I got that all correct but this should give you a framework to start with.

api.Data.ClearCalculatedData(True,True,True,True,"A#AssessedLossUtilised")

'Create a result data buffer and destination info to add the cells to later
Dim resultDataBuffer As DataBuffer = New DataBuffer()
Dim destinationInfo As ExpressionDestinationInfo = api.Data.GetExpressionDestinationInfo("A#AssessedLossUtilised:O#Import:I#None")

'Declare starting data buffer to loop through
Dim CurTaxableIncDataBuffer As DataBuffer = api.Data.GetDataBufferUsingFormula("RemoveZeros(A#CurrentTaxableIncome:O#Top:I#Top)")

'Loop through the cells of the data buffer
For Each sourceCell As DataBufferCell In CurTaxableIncDataBuffer.DataBufferCells.Values

'Create a new result cell to eventually add to the result data buffer
	'The cell properties of the source cell will be inherited
	Dim resultCell As New DataBufferCell(sourceCell)

'Set the result cell to the destination account
	resultcell.DataBufferCellPk.OriginId = DimConstants.Import
	resultCell.DataBufferCellPk.ICId = DimConstants.None

'Do the logic to calculate the result amount
        If (resultCell.CellAmount * .8) > 1,000,000 Then
              resultCell.CellAmount = resultCell.CellAmount * .8
        Else
              resultCell.CellAmount = 1,000,000
        End If

resultDataBuffer.SetCell(si,resultCell)

Next

'Save the Data Buffer using the Result Data Buffer and Destination Info
     api.Data.SetDataBuffer(resultDataBuffer,destinationInfo)

Please sign in! Qiniso