Best Approach

Oscar
Contributor

We use Standard (Calc On The Fly Share and Hierarchy Elimination). 

What type of Rule should we leverage to reclass balances from one account to another during consolidation. For illustration purposes, the below is what we are looking at:

Oscar_0-1710857336945.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm not sure I understand the question, sorry.

You can do anything you want in consolidation rules. If you mean you have some data that needs to be moved from one Entity to the other (i.e. so it won't be consolidated on the source entity), you should load it against a dummy UD then copy it where it needs to go.

View solution in original post

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

Generally speaking, for pure consolidation, member formulas do indeed fit better on individual members; and pulling data is better than pushing.

In this case, I would probably put the formula on U4#ReclassThis. It will only execute for that UD once per entity, and you can target multiple accounts from there if necessary.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm not sure I understand the question, sorry.

You can do anything you want in consolidation rules. If you mean you have some data that needs to be moved from one Entity to the other (i.e. so it won't be consolidated on the source entity), you should load it against a dummy UD then copy it where it needs to go.

hi Jack

Because we are running the standard consolidation (no business rule associated with the cube) I am wondering if a Member Formula is more appropriate for this reclass. Perhaps embed the rule in Account1 but then the question is the formula would be executed multiple times during consolidation 

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

Generally speaking, for pure consolidation, member formulas do indeed fit better on individual members; and pulling data is better than pushing.

In this case, I would probably put the formula on U4#ReclassThis. It will only execute for that UD once per entity, and you can target multiple accounts from there if necessary.

Thank you so much, I will try to implement by coding in U4#ReclassThis

Please sign in! Oscar