Calculated Data lost after I run consolidation

SimpleLove
New Contributor III

Hello OneStream Experts:

I created an account called MyAcct to store calculation. I run the business rule in Data Management step and put Net Income to MyAcct.

api.Data.Calculate("A#MyAcct = A#NETINC")

After I run the business rule, the Calc Status in View dimension show CA for both NETINC and MyAcct. However, after I run right click the data cell to run consolidation or Calculation, the value in MyAcct got lost, the calc Status for NETINC became OK. I wonder why my calculated account lost the data value after I run consolidation.

Thank you advance for any answers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sameburn
Contributor

Hi

You need to set the isdurabledata boolean on the api e.g api.Data.Calculate("A#MyAcct = A#NETINC", True)

Otherwise your data is not durable and will get cleared each time you consolidate

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

sameburn
Contributor

Hi

You need to set the isdurabledata boolean on the api e.g api.Data.Calculate("A#MyAcct = A#NETINC", True)

Otherwise your data is not durable and will get cleared each time you consolidate

Hope this helps

SimpleLove
New Contributor III

@sameburn: Thank you so much. I did use isdurabledata boolean in my business rule. I can see MyAcct numbers, calculated at base Entity, are not cleared when I run consolidation. However the Numbers in MyAcct account do not aggregate to my parent entities after I run the consolidation. In the mean time, the numbers in my NETINC account do aggregate from base entities to parent entities. Thank you again for your help!

If(Not api.Entity.HasChildren() ) Then

api.Data.Calculate("A#MyAcct = A#NETINC"