Delete accounts with a value if 0 in a specific scenario

Marco
Contributor

Hi Everyone.

Is there a way to delete accounts in a scenario that have a certain value, for example, 0?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

The API call is BRApi.Finance.MemberAdmin.RemoveMember, you will find it in the api tree. If you don't know how to look for intersection values or how to create the necessary PK objects to pass, I'd suggest checking out the Financial Calculations Handbook book, or coming to a Rules class.

I might sound patronizing, but I would also suggest you implement this as a Custom Calculate function, and take good backups before you start executing it. Having it as part of a regular Calculate would be very risky. What you are trying to achieve has the potential to be very destructive, I really would not recommend it.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

chul
Contributor III

My first question would be how did the zeros get there? You can wrap calculate statements in RemoveZeros and they won't populate in the first place.

To answer your question, yes, you can write a business rule to evaluate data points and depending on the value, change the value and/or cell status.

cds

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

Can you delete Account members with code, if certain intersections contain zeroes? Yes.

Can you delete Account members for some scenarios only? No, if they go they go for all Scenarios (although you can use Extended dimensions, so that certain Accounts don't show up for certain Scenario Types).

Would you want to actually do any of this? Probably not. Among other things, it might create problems with historical data that exists for that Account, which would likely be lost. If you don't want your "empty" Accounts to show up in reports, just use the relevant suppression options; if you want to stop using a certain Account going forward, use the InUse property.

Hi JackLacava, 
How can I delete the account through the condition? I don’t know how to do it in the BR.

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

The API call is BRApi.Finance.MemberAdmin.RemoveMember, you will find it in the api tree. If you don't know how to look for intersection values or how to create the necessary PK objects to pass, I'd suggest checking out the Financial Calculations Handbook book, or coming to a Rules class.

I might sound patronizing, but I would also suggest you implement this as a Custom Calculate function, and take good backups before you start executing it. Having it as part of a regular Calculate would be very risky. What you are trying to achieve has the potential to be very destructive, I really would not recommend it.

Henning
Valued Contributor

Cannot agree more, deleting accounts where data is 0 sounds like a very risky idea! Technically you should not be able to do that as the system will give you an error message that you cannot delete the member as it has data on it.

I hope this is a misunderstanding and what you mean is deleting the data, i.e. 0, on the account, not the actual account member in the metadata!