Derivative Check Rule - Display CheckRuleMessage

SarahS
New Contributor II

Hi,

I'm using a Derivative Check Rule for the first time - using the sample available in GolfStream (HoustonSalesDetailOffset > ValidateCheckSum) - the Rule itself is working fine, I am getting the correct Pass/Fail Status.  My question is where can I expect to see the CheckRuleMessage displayed?

GolfStream Sample:

SarahS_0-1683886756605.png

My Result (partial screenshot only as from Client App):

SarahS_1-1683886888326.png

It feels like there's a column missing from the screen?  Or perhaps it should be a pop-up window on the right like with other Validation/Intersection errors?

Thanks in advance for any help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SarahS
New Contributor II

In the end I raised a ticket for this - it's not a bug but a Cube Integration Setting!  We had disabled/not enabled the Label Dimension > TextValue (Text)

SarahS_0-1684152578170.png

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

OS_Pizza
Contributor III

It should be in the Validation -> Rule Text  tab show as below -

OS_Pizza_0-1683892269310.png

SarahS
New Contributor II

Hi - mine displays the same as yours - just with the text 'Check Rule Errors' - can you get it to display something different in your example?

You should look at the Rule Text column(highlighted in Green) and not the heading. You can display any text.

OS_Pizza_0-1683893472638.png

SarahS
New Contributor II

Apologies - I see you have a column 'Rule Text'.  I don't have that.  Is there a setting somewhere to include/show it?

Thanks!

It could be hidden between the columns. Can you share a screenshot of all the column headings without any data.

SarahS
New Contributor II

I've tried hovering between columns to see if it's somehow collapsed but no luck... What version are you on?  This is 7.2.2.  I have access to a 7.3.1 environment as well, I'll try that and see if it's any different.

SarahS_0-1683894762750.png

OS_Pizza
Contributor III

I have tested on both 6.8 and 7.4.1 and Rule text gets displayed on both. 

Try creating a new derivative rule and use a simple expression as below.

A#[A*]=All:V#[*]=All_View:F#[*]=All_Flow:IC#[*]=ALL_IC:E#[*]=All_Entity:UD2#[*]=ALL_UD2:UD3#[*]=All_UD3:UD4#[*]=All_UD4:UD5#[*]=All_UD5:UD6#[*]=All_UD6:UD7#[*]=All_UD7

Read out this blog for more details on setting up the derivative rule.

https://medium.com/@kesanmanish/blog4-onestream-the-underlooked-asset-called-derivative-8d6349c5d035

SarahS
New Contributor II

I've just tested in 7.3.1 and it's fine - I'm thinking it's a 7.2.2 bug.  Thanks for your help 🙂

SarahS
New Contributor II

In the end I raised a ticket for this - it's not a bug but a Cube Integration Setting!  We had disabled/not enabled the Label Dimension > TextValue (Text)

SarahS_0-1684152578170.png

Absolutely ! How can i forget this 😞

Please sign in! SarahS