Error while running an extender Rule calling a Data Management job with XFBR on time filter

mvalerio24
New Contributor III

I have an XFBR on the time filter on a Data Management step that pulls a list of time. When I run it on the Data Management tab it runs just fine and works. Now when i try to put that on a button to run on a dashboard, I get an error. I have tried using the Execute Data Management Sequence Server Task as well as running it through an extender rule. I am passing the required parameters to the either situation but im still getting an error? Why would it work on the Data Management Tab and not work while running it through a button?

mvalerio24_1-1722870540401.png

mvalerio24_0-1722870478550.png

mvalerio24_2-1722870577976.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

KarlT
Contributor II

Is the p_Forecasted_Months parameter the one you are using for the user selection? If so, try configuring your button like this:

KarlT_0-1722936499653.png

Then in your DM step use the parameter |!param_fcstMonth!| in your XFBR and BR parameters.

Regards,

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

rhankey
New Contributor III

Change the following line of code

To: Param.Add("p_Forecasted_Months",FcstMonths)

mvalerio24
New Contributor III

I tried that and its still not working

rhankey
New Contributor III

Time to add a debug statement or two in the XFBR rule to see what is being passed in, and what you are returning, as ultimately, OS is saying it didn't resolve to a valid time member filter.

KarlT
Contributor II

Is the p_Forecasted_Months parameter the one you are using for the user selection? If so, try configuring your button like this:

KarlT_0-1722936499653.png

Then in your DM step use the parameter |!param_fcstMonth!| in your XFBR and BR parameters.

Regards,