Exclude accounts from rule

Emilygustavsson
New Contributor

Hi!

I have a business rule which allocates all PL accounts from a group of entities in one segment to other segments. However, I would like to exclude accounts that are IC from the allocation. I have classified the accounts that I would like to exclude with the text "ICElim" in box "Text 8", under "Vary by scenario type & time" in Member Properties, in the account dimension. So, in the following code string, I would like to exclude those accounts. Do you have any suggestions on how to change the code string below so that it excludes these accounts instead of picking all PL accounts?

Dim bIsPL As Boolean = api.Members.IsBase(api.Pov.AccountDim.DimPk, api.Members.GetMemberId(dimtype.Account.id, "PL"), cell.DataBufferCellPk.AccountId)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RobbSalzmann
Valued Contributor

Try something like this:

Dim dimensionName As String = "All Accounts"
Dim memberFilter As String = "A#Income_Statement.Descendants.Where(Text8 <> 'ICElim')"		
Dim accountInfos As List(Of MemberInfo) = brapi.Finance.Members.GetMembersUsingFilter(si, BRApi.Finance.Dim.GetDimPk(si, dimensionName), memberFilter, True)
Dim accountNames As List(Of String) = accountInfos.Select(Function(account) account.Member.Name).ToList()

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

RobbSalzmann
Valued Contributor

Try something like this:

Dim dimensionName As String = "All Accounts"
Dim memberFilter As String = "A#Income_Statement.Descendants.Where(Text8 <> 'ICElim')"		
Dim accountInfos As List(Of MemberInfo) = brapi.Finance.Members.GetMembersUsingFilter(si, BRApi.Finance.Dim.GetDimPk(si, dimensionName), memberFilter, True)
Dim accountNames As List(Of String) = accountInfos.Select(Function(account) account.Member.Name).ToList()