Execute Finance Custom Calculate Business Rules from Button

Omkareshwar
Contributor II

Hi,

Can anyone help me how I can use this Selection Change server task I know how to run a DM Sequence from button but if I can directly run a custom calculate without a sequence that will be great.

Omkareshwar_0-1671892981490.png

I tried these syntaxes, but it is not working.

Omkareshwar_1-1671893105071.png

Thanks 

Omkareshwar

Thanks, Omkareshwar
Archetype Consulting
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

ChristianW
Valued Contributor

Hi Omkareshwar

the syntax should work, I used it several time. Did you specify all the needed dataunit dimensions, not only entity and time? Custom calculations are bound by the same restrictions as standard calcs (dataunits). If you don‘t specify them, OS uses the pov and workflow settings. To test, if the calc is executed and for what pov, I would use API.logmessage and API.pov.

I‘m not in front of a pc and can‘t give you a sample, but I hope this helps and cheers

Christian

View solution in original post

FrankDK
Contributor

As Christian mentions, you need to supply all the DataUnit dimensions in the call. It could look like:

{BRRule}{CustomCalc}{Entity=Entity1,Cube=Cube1,Consolidate=Local,Scenario=Scenario1,TimeFilter=T#2022M12}

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ChristianW
Valued Contributor

Hi Omkareshwar

the syntax should work, I used it several time. Did you specify all the needed dataunit dimensions, not only entity and time? Custom calculations are bound by the same restrictions as standard calcs (dataunits). If you don‘t specify them, OS uses the pov and workflow settings. To test, if the calc is executed and for what pov, I would use API.logmessage and API.pov.

I‘m not in front of a pc and can‘t give you a sample, but I hope this helps and cheers

Christian

FrankDK
Contributor

As Christian mentions, you need to supply all the DataUnit dimensions in the call. It could look like:

{BRRule}{CustomCalc}{Entity=Entity1,Cube=Cube1,Consolidate=Local,Scenario=Scenario1,TimeFilter=T#2022M12}