Finance Functions

MP2
New Contributor II

I'm curious about these four finance function types and whether anyone has worked on them:

1. CalcDrillDownMemberFormula

2. ConfirmationRule

3. DynamicCalcAccount

4. ReadSourceDataRecords

If someone has worked on these, how do we call and use them? Any insights?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MarcusH
Contributor III

I have only used ConfirmationRule. It allows the Confirmation Rule to be processed in BR rather than the Confirmation Rule area. The big benefit to this method is that you can manage all the Confirmation Rules in one place rather than having to edit each Confirmation Rule.

Each Confirmation Rule contains the same call to the BR:

Dim Conf As New OneStream.BusinessRule.Finance.0000_ConfirmationRules.MainClass
Return Conf.main(si, globals, api, args)

And then the BR processes the confirmation logic and updates the Confirmation result. If the BR returns False the CR fails and True it passes. The BR updates the Confirmation Rule properties using args.ConfirmationRuleArgs.Info, args.ConfirmationRuleArgs.Rule.FailureMessage and args.ConfirmationRuleArgs.Rule.WarningMessage etc. It works really well and means that if a change needs to be made to all Confirmation Rules it's all in one place.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

MarcusH
Contributor III

I have only used ConfirmationRule. It allows the Confirmation Rule to be processed in BR rather than the Confirmation Rule area. The big benefit to this method is that you can manage all the Confirmation Rules in one place rather than having to edit each Confirmation Rule.

Each Confirmation Rule contains the same call to the BR:

Dim Conf As New OneStream.BusinessRule.Finance.0000_ConfirmationRules.MainClass
Return Conf.main(si, globals, api, args)

And then the BR processes the confirmation logic and updates the Confirmation result. If the BR returns False the CR fails and True it passes. The BR updates the Confirmation Rule properties using args.ConfirmationRuleArgs.Info, args.ConfirmationRuleArgs.Rule.FailureMessage and args.ConfirmationRuleArgs.Rule.WarningMessage etc. It works really well and means that if a change needs to be made to all Confirmation Rules it's all in one place.

MP2
New Contributor II

I think we can use the same method for DynamicCalcAccount and CalcDrillDownMemberFormula

KarlT
Contributor III

Read Source Data Records is related to defining the source data for hybrid scenarios if using a business rule/workplace assembly.

Cheers

MP2
New Contributor II

Do you have an example template and Can you give me a small piece of code?

KarlT
Contributor III

When you create a new Finance Business rule it actually pre-populates a commented out snippet for you to review.

Cheers