Get list of Entities having data in cube for a combination of scenario and year

shreyadg
New Contributor

Hello All,

Is there a quicker way to get the list of entities having data in a particular cube for a certain scenario and year combination, without using a finance business rule? One of the options I am thinking is to query the DataRecordsxxxx tables, but I believe that is not recommended...

6 REPLIES 6

Krishna
Valued Contributor

@shreyadg  - Create a Cube View or Quick View and use the Suppression settings. You can also try FDX query.

Thanks
Krishna

Thanks @Krishna. However I am looking to pass this entity list to a custom calc DM job, and would like to do it in a quicker way, without extracting data from the cube (due to data volume).

hi @shreyadg , if the aim is just having the custom calc running on some entities and not on others, why not using an if statement in the custom calc itself? You can have the DM job set to run the custom calc on all base entities, and the if condition within the custom calc would essentially make it skip the one with no data. You can use api.Data.GetDataBuffer of api.Data.GetDataCell to check if an entity has data.

AndreaF
Contributor III

Maybe you can use the "Data Record Analysis" OpenPlace solution. You would need to edit the solution to give you a break-down by entity.

Thanks @AndreaF . I'll check this out.

Note that the "Data Record Analysis" OpenPlace solution would let you check manually which data unit has data, it is not really something that you can feed into a DM job...