Hardcode value in column when loading CSV

ethanmgomes
New Contributor II

Hello,

Im wondering if there is a way to hardcode a fieldtoken value when loading data from a csv. For example, I am using the below code:

Dim fieldTokens As New List(Of String)
fieldTokens.Add("xfText#:[Account]")
fieldTokens.Add("xfText#:[Entity]")
fieldTokens.Add("xfText#:[Amount]")
fieldTokens.Add("xfText#:[EmpID]") '<-- Want to hardcode this to '99999'

BRApi.Utilities.LoadCustomTableUsingDelimitedFile(si, .......)

But I want to hardcode the results of EmpID to value '99999' before I execute the 'LoadCustomTableUsingDelimitedFile' command. 

Any help on this would be much appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ethanmgomes
New Contributor II

Hey db_pdx,

Your response was helpful! I had to change the format to get the default value to load correctly. I was able to get it to work by using 1 semi-colon, and by removing the square brackets from defaultValue. See below for example:

xfText#:[FieldHeader]:DefaultValue

One important point to note, there must be a column header for the field that you are trying to hardcode. I had to name the column as "EmpID" in my csv for the defaultValue to catch. If I left it as a blank column (even if it's the last column in the csv), then the defaultValue would not populate.

Thank you for your help,

Ethan

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

db_pdx
Contributor III

Hi ethanmgomes: I know there is a format for default values when loading from Excel files with NamedRanges, I wonder if it also works for the BR method?

The format looks like: 

xfText#:[FieldHeader]::[DefaultValue]

Maybe give that a shot and see if it works.

ethanmgomes
New Contributor II

Hey db_pdx,

Your response was helpful! I had to change the format to get the default value to load correctly. I was able to get it to work by using 1 semi-colon, and by removing the square brackets from defaultValue. See below for example:

xfText#:[FieldHeader]:DefaultValue

One important point to note, there must be a column header for the field that you are trying to hardcode. I had to name the column as "EmpID" in my csv for the defaultValue to catch. If I left it as a blank column (even if it's the last column in the csv), then the defaultValue would not populate.

Thank you for your help,

Ethan

Glad to hear you got it working.  And good to know regarding column headers.  One potential clarification for others if they read this thread.

I went back through the Design and Reference Guide.  At least per the print materials the single-colon is a Static Value while the double-colon is a DefaultValue.  The main difference is: the static value will override every row for that column regardless if it is blank or not; while the default value is only used for blank rows.

Cheers!   -db