Retrieve Pov Account name in XFBR

FlorisvdPoel
New Contributor III

Hi everyone,

I need to retrieve the account name from a certain line in a cube view in an XFBR rule. 

So, it boils down to the need for an api.Pov.Account.MemberId XFBR equivalent.

Is there anyone that can help me with this issue? It seems so simple but I cannot figure it out.

Thanks!

Floris

Floris van der Poel
cpmview
6 REPLIES 6

ChristianW
Valued Contributor

Can you explain a little bit more about the use case?

Is the line you need to retrieve the selected one? Are you working in a dashboard? Where do you need to execute the xfbr?

Hi Christian,

First of all, thanks for replying. Second, my apologies for the lack of background.

I am working on a detailed cashflow overview. The cashflow process starts with a mapping table in which we have a source account and flow, which get mapped to a cashflow account. Let's call them, source account, flow account, and target account respectively. This mapping table includes a column for flipping the sign. This is a true/false box. 

I would like to retrieve the following. From that mapping table (which is running on the data table manager), I want to return the outcome from that mapping table in the true/false box. So, if the combination of source account + source flow + target account has the flip sign condition set to true or false, I want to retrieve it in a cube view. With the business rule, I am able to retrieve the target account from a parameter (this is a bound parameter coming from another cube view). However, the source account and source flow depend on what we're looking at in the cube view. So, I cannot retrieve them with a parameter. Therefore, I would like to retrieve these values with some sort of api.Pov.Account.MemberId, which is not possible in XFBR in that way.

I hope this was more clear.

Thanks for your help!

Floris van der Poel
cpmview

There is no api.Pov.Account for xfbr, because the function is called when rendering the outline of the cubeview. You might pass a parameter to the xfbr function, but this is not working with the data of the cubeview only with headers (:name()).

In your case, I would probably use a ud8 dynamic member formula, then you have access to api.Pov.Account.MemberId.

Member formulas can also work with annotation views, so you can show + or - if you like, or a complete formula.

Dimension that only hold dynamic members don't need to be allocated to a cube, they will work in every cube.

I hope this helps and cheers

Christian

Hi Christian,

Thanks so much for your answer, appreciate it.

My whole problem actually started when I had it set up with UD8 'signage indicators' so to say. 😁I moved to XFBR because I was not able to retrieve the bound parameter outcome (that I use with the navigation) in my UD8 dynamic calc. 

Long story short, if there is a way to retrieve the outcome of a bound parameter in a dynamic calc, my problem is also solved 😀

If you can help me with that, it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks, Christian!

BR,

Floris

Floris van der Poel
cpmview

@FlorisvdPoel wrote:

I was not able to retrieve the bound parameter outcome (that I use with the navigation) in my UD8 dynamic calc. 

Sorry to say, but this isn't possible either.

I start to understand the problem: You need two account dimensions, source and target. But that's not possible with a cube.

But would it be possible, to place the CF in a UD? That's how we are doing this kind of reporting. In the beginning, it sounds a little strange, but it has a lot of advantages. With this concept, you get a CF statement by Account and by Flow.

Hi Christian,

Thank you for your reply.

Placing the CF in a UD doesn't sound too strange, and I will definitely consider it at new implementations. However, this is quite a big change for an up and running system and requires some more discussion.

Thank you for your help.

BR,

Floris

Floris van der Poel
cpmview