Returning Value of a parameter in a XFBR

kakouchtim
New Contributor III

Hi OneStreamers,

I am trying to build an XFBR which I will link to a CV Column, that will either "True" or "False" Depending on the value of a parameter.

However I am finding trouble returning the value. I came up with this but it seems tor eturn the Default Value of the parameter and not the Selected Value : 

"If args.FunctionName.XFEqualsIgnoreCase("CheckScnForVisibleColumn") Then

Dim ScnParamName As String = "3_cm_param_S_SelectFC"
Dim ScnParamValue As String = ""

ScnParamValue = BRApi.Dashboards.Parameters.GetLiteralParameterValue(si, False, ScnParamName)

brapi.ErrorLog.LogMessage(si,ScnParamValue)"

Appreciate your help 🙂 

Regards,

Adam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

db_pdx
Contributor III

Hi kakouchtim: try passing in the parameter to the BR rather than using the BRApi functions.

For example:

If args.FunctionName.XFEqualsIgnoreCase("CheckScnForVisibleColumn") Then

Dim ScnParamName As String = args.NameValuePairs.XFGetValue("MyParam")

....business logic that checks ScnParamName against a predicate and returns True / False

Usage would be:

XFBR(Your_BR_Name, CheckScnForVisibleColumn, MyParam=[|!3_cm_param_S_SelectFC!|])

This assumes usage in an XFBR String Business Rule, but that sounds like what you are after.  Hope this helps!

-db

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

db_pdx
Contributor III

Hi kakouchtim: try passing in the parameter to the BR rather than using the BRApi functions.

For example:

If args.FunctionName.XFEqualsIgnoreCase("CheckScnForVisibleColumn") Then

Dim ScnParamName As String = args.NameValuePairs.XFGetValue("MyParam")

....business logic that checks ScnParamName against a predicate and returns True / False

Usage would be:

XFBR(Your_BR_Name, CheckScnForVisibleColumn, MyParam=[|!3_cm_param_S_SelectFC!|])

This assumes usage in an XFBR String Business Rule, but that sounds like what you are after.  Hope this helps!

-db

kakouchtim
New Contributor III

Hi,

Thank you so much @db_pdx  ! It worked !

Spot on I was indeed using it in an XFBR String Business Rule. 

Have a nice day.

Adam