Sibling Repeat Calculation Pass

Greg_S
New Contributor II

Hi All,

I am trying to solve for a circular calculation pass with allocations.  I am using the equity pick up functionality on the entity properties.  It wasn't behaving for me.  In reading the Design and Reference Guide I see is says " When writing formulas, use api.Args.CalculateArgs.HasRepeatCalc and api.Args.CalculateArgs.IsRepeatCalc to determine if the engine is currently running the repeat calculation".

When I look at the sample code for HasRepeatCalc, it just has Dim bValue as Boolean = args.CalculateArgs.HasRepeatCalc.

I am looking for a practical example of how to use this calculation.  Other than that little piece in admin guide, I can't find any other information on it.  Not used in the GolfStream app either.

Any ideas would be welcomed.

1 REPLY 1

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Sample tab in any property or function definition is always an autogenerated line showing the most basic use. In this case it just shows that the property will be a boolean (i.e. True or False), so you can store it in a boolean variable. I guess the idea is that you can perform a check (if args.CalculateArgs.IsRepeatCalc then... ) and react accordingly. There are a few other boolean properties in that CalculateArgs that may or may not be helpful to you:

JackLacava_0-1678289989946.png

For actual examples of complex code with some meaningful explanation, you have to look in the Snippets part of the helper tree. Unfortunately, I don't see anything there related to this specific topic, at least in my version. There are examples of complex allocations in the Finance Rules Handbook, but they focus on not repeating.

Please sign in! Greg_S