Slope, Correll and Intercept Functions

vmanojrc30
New Contributor III

Is it possible to calculate slope, Correll and Intercept for a given factors vary by 12 periods using OS Finance Rules? If so, what are the libraries, I need to Import? Appreciate any suggestions how I can implement this in OS.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for your response.

Yes, the linear regression calcs like Slope, Correll, Intercept are currently done in Excel however we are moving from Excel to OS.So we need to automate these calcs in OS using Business Rules.

Period/Amount                
EntityP1P2P3P4P5P6P7P8P9P10P11P12 SlopeCorrellSQRTIntercept
AXXXXXXXXXXXX     
BXXXXXXXXXXXX     

I am not sure if this is a use case for Sensible ML as I haven't used it before. But does OS have code snippets to perform linear regression calcs in OS? or any suggestions to achieve this type of calcs using OS business rules.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

For advanced math, OneStream only contains standard .Net functions like System.Math. Also, if you know you can achieve the calculations with Excel formulas, you can set them up in Spreadsheet.

However, you can add any .Net library you want, for example Math.NET. If you're in a Cloud environment, you will have to open a ticket with Support to have it installed.

Depending on what you want to achieve, you might also want to investigate the Sensible ML solution.

Thanks for your response.

Yes, the linear regression calcs like Slope, Correll, Intercept are currently done in Excel however we are moving from Excel to OS.So we need to automate these calcs in OS using Business Rules.

Period/Amount                
EntityP1P2P3P4P5P6P7P8P9P10P11P12 SlopeCorrellSQRTIntercept
AXXXXXXXXXXXX     
BXXXXXXXXXXXX     

I am not sure if this is a use case for Sensible ML as I haven't used it before. But does OS have code snippets to perform linear regression calcs in OS? or any suggestions to achieve this type of calcs using OS business rules.

Please sign in! vmanojrc30