warnings of deprecated functions

photon
New Contributor III

I'm making updates to some BRs that predate any of the current employees and when validating the rules I get warnings that I'd like to resolve. Specifically, these:

'Public Shared Overloads Function CreateSubstVarSourceInfo(dbConnFW As DbConnInfo, dbConnAppOrFW As DbConnInfo) As SubstVarSourceInfo' is obsolete: 'This is a temporary function used by Marketplace Solutions for backwards compatibility with old XF versions. Please change your code to use supported functionality.'.

'Public Overloads Function GetBusinessRules(si As SessionInfo, brType As BusinessRuleType) As List(Of BusinessRuleSummaryInfo)' is obsolete: 'This is a temporary function used by Marketplace Solutions for backwards compatibility with old XF versions. Please change your code to use supported functionality.'.

Public Overloads Sub DeleteBusinessRule(si As SessionInfo, brType As BusinessRuleType, brName As String)' is obsolete: 'This is a temporary function used by Marketplace Solutions for backwards compatibility with old XF versions. Please change your code to use supported functionality.'.

Intellisense doesn't show any hints for these. I've searched support. I've searched the docs. I've searched these forums. I get zero hits. So, I'm at a loss for what to do with these. Is there a another source of documentation I'm unaware of?

9 REPLIES 9

RobbSalzmann
Valued Contributor

Intellisense should also provide the updated method signature as one of the choices.

RobbSalzmann_1-1693001895845.png

photon
New Contributor III

Intellisense shows nothing at all for these. I mentioned that already.

RobbSalzmann
Valued Contributor

If you can post your code maybe we can help you with it.

photon
New Contributor III
Dim subVarInfo As SubstVarSourceInfo = SubstitutionVariablesHelper.CreateSubstVarSourceInfo(dbConnFW, dbConnApp)

RobbSalzmann
Valued Contributor

What version is this?  I have access to 7.3 and 7.4 and don't see a SubstitutionVariablesHelper object 

In these versions, we create SubVar collections as Dictionary<String,String>

photon
New Contributor III

We're on 7.3.

This, ScenarioDimHelper, and several other "Helpers" I've found over the years are like this. They apparently exist because they work. However, there's no documentation on what they do and no Intellisense to give any hints.

RobbSalzmann
Valued Contributor

Ah!  One of those.  I've run into a few as well.  Its been a while.  Sometimes I see references to such "mystery" objects in vendor code and marketplace solution code.

AlanY
New Contributor II

Looks like a boolean parameter was added to the signature of those functions, but I'm not sure what the boolean is about

e.g.

Public Overloads Function GetBusinessRules(si As SessionInfo, ? As Boolean, brType As BusinessRuleType) As List(Of BusinessRuleSummaryInfo)

RobbSalzmann
Valued Contributor

isSystemLevel is whether the List of BusinessRuleSummaryInfo's is from the current application or the BRs under the System tab.

Public Overloads Function GetBusinessRules(si As SessionInfo, isSystemLevel As Boolean, brType As BusinessRuleType) As List(Of BusinessRuleSummaryInfo)

RobbSalzmann_0-1695749445069.png

Please sign in! photon