when consolidate and translate all CF were deleted

MarioGV
New Contributor II

hello, good day; I created a new finance rule calculating the cash flow accounts using as source the balance sheet accounts, the hierarchy is not part of the balance sheet, it's at the same level; when I consolidate or translate the cash flow accounts, the amounts were deleted; but not for Balance accounts.

Do I miss something in the finance calc for the data will be durable or something like that?

thanks in advence and Best Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

When running a calculation, any calculated data pointing to the same Cube/Scenario/Period/Entity/Parent/Consolidation intersection (i.e. the DataUnit / Level 1 DataUnit) gets cleared (assuming "Clear Calculated Data During Calc" is set to True on the Scenario, which it will be by default).

However:

• if the a previous formula or calculation run marked records as durable (e.g. with api.Data.Calculate("something", True), such data will not be cleared. In order to clear it, you have to explicitly call api.Data.ClearCalculatedData with the parameter "clearDurableCalculatedData" set to True. Durable data is typically created with Custom Calculation routines, so if your Balance accounts are populated through such a routine, this is probably the case.
  • if you're running your new code in a Custom Calculate, the dataunit might not be entirely cleared. Depending on the setup, Custom Calculate might modify just a slice of data.
  • If the data is on base members and it was populated with an Import, it won't be deleted as part of calculation.

Does this answer your question?

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

When running a calculation, any calculated data pointing to the same Cube/Scenario/Period/Entity/Parent/Consolidation intersection (i.e. the DataUnit / Level 1 DataUnit) gets cleared (assuming "Clear Calculated Data During Calc" is set to True on the Scenario, which it will be by default).

However:

• if the a previous formula or calculation run marked records as durable (e.g. with api.Data.Calculate("something", True), such data will not be cleared. In order to clear it, you have to explicitly call api.Data.ClearCalculatedData with the parameter "clearDurableCalculatedData" set to True. Durable data is typically created with Custom Calculation routines, so if your Balance accounts are populated through such a routine, this is probably the case.
  • if you're running your new code in a Custom Calculate, the dataunit might not be entirely cleared. Depending on the setup, Custom Calculate might modify just a slice of data.
  • If the data is on base members and it was populated with an Import, it won't be deleted as part of calculation.

Does this answer your question?