Data management extract to the Server folder

EPM_22
New Contributor II

How do i specify in a  data management task to extract the data to the cube\scenario/workflow step folder and not the user's folder under file share.  

EPM_22_0-1717662964082.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Henning
Valued Contributor

Hi, I am not sure I follow the question. If I may ask, what is it you would like to achieve exactly? Without more details, it may be hard to give you an answer that will get you where you need to get to.

Where do you want to extract data from? What process do you have in mind?

Nevertheless, my interpretation is that you wish to extract data from a cube using a Export Data Data Management step and load this via a Import, Validate, Load step in the workflow and you wonder how you can connect the data extract with the import step. Is that what you are looking for?

If so, and assuming you already have DM to export data set up, you need to create a Data Mgmt Export Sequence under Application >> Data Sources. Set the settings as needed and ensure to assign your Export Data DM step to this DM Export Sequence data source. 

Henning_0-1717668595134.png

Then you have to assign this Export Sequence to your Import workflow step as a data source.

Henning_1-1717668821818.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Henning
Valued Contributor

Hi, I am not sure I follow the question. If I may ask, what is it you would like to achieve exactly? Without more details, it may be hard to give you an answer that will get you where you need to get to.

Where do you want to extract data from? What process do you have in mind?

Nevertheless, my interpretation is that you wish to extract data from a cube using a Export Data Data Management step and load this via a Import, Validate, Load step in the workflow and you wonder how you can connect the data extract with the import step. Is that what you are looking for?

If so, and assuming you already have DM to export data set up, you need to create a Data Mgmt Export Sequence under Application >> Data Sources. Set the settings as needed and ensure to assign your Export Data DM step to this DM Export Sequence data source. 

Henning_0-1717668595134.png

Then you have to assign this Export Sequence to your Import workflow step as a data source.

Henning_1-1717668821818.png

EPM_22
New Contributor II

hi Henning 

Perfect interpretation of the issue and the solution worked perfectly thanks! Thanks !

Henning
Valued Contributor

Glad to help, happy to hear you got the solution you were looking for!