Executing DM sequence with Control M

sandeepr
New Contributor II

HI All,

We are using Control m to trigger DM Sequence in OneStream with API call; we are able to trigger the job without any issues but now the issue is we are unable get response from OneStream to know whether DM sequence completed successfully or failed.

Do you know the API, designed to provide success or failure?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
Sandeep  

4 REPLIES 4

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

There isn't one, return payloads of the starting call will contain success/failure messages. You have to make sure call-state polling is enabled first, check the section "Call State For Long Running Requests" in the REST Api Guide. Then check the section "Data Management Execute Sequence endpoint", in step 6 it describes the expected behaviour.

This is for the most recent releases, old ones might return as soon as the sequence is initiated. In that case, the only way around is by communicating success or failure from steps inside the job (i.e. an event handler or other rule).

sandeepr
New Contributor II

HI Jack,

Thanks for the response.

Can you please provide the url to access or download REST Api Guide.

We used to use  API version 6.5.0 to trigger DM from control M, now we are using 5.2.0 with 7.4.1 OS.

In your response you used recent releases are you referring to version 5.2.0 ? also used old ones are you talking about 6.5.0.

I don't know anything about Control M, when I say versions I mean Onestream versions.

The guide is available from Marketplace in the Platform section, inside the Server & Documentation package.

sandeepr
New Contributor II

HI Jack,

I am not talking about Control M version, i am talking about Onestream API version to run DM sequence.