How to Load a Data File having multiple columns of data

A_sh
New Contributor

I'm trying to load a file that has data in multiple columns like below.

Ankur_1-1680764245938.png

I have created the data source with a Data Type as Matrix DataKey and created source Time Dimensions for 12 months as stated in the screenshot. But when I try to load the data, I get the below error every time. I have already created transformation rules for Scenario and time as below and not sure what else I'm missing here. Can someone please help with this one?

Ankur_3-1680764459092.png

Error Message:

Ankur_2-1680764352071.png

Thanks...!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

That doesn't look like the configuration is correct. Should look something like this:

datasource properties:

JackLacava_0-1680775837930.png

As many Time sources as you have periods:

JackLacava_2-1680775990819.png

Note the last property, it's important - it will tell Onestream where to look for the actual period name. That name will have to be mapped in Transformation rules.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

AK
New Contributor III

Please check the following in your application:
Set the appropriate Data Type for Scenario in Data Source
Proper column number is set for all the Source Time Dimensions
Matrix DataKey Text is set as the Data Type for all the Source Time Dimensions
Mappings are proper for Time and Scenario in the Transformation Rule.

Hope this helps.
Thanks,
AK

A_sh
New Contributor

Hi AK,

Thanks for responding. 

I checked the below things and everything seems fine to me. 

Set the appropriate Data Type for Scenario in Data Source - I have setup the Data Type as Datakey Text and provided the Static value.
Proper column number is set for all the Source Time Dimensions - This seems correct.
Matrix DataKey Text is set as the Data Type for all the Source Time Dimensions - This seems correct.
Mappings are proper for Time and Scenario in the Transformation Rule - Mappings are set to One-to-One as stated in my screenshot earlier.

Please let me know if anything else needs to be checked.

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

From OnePlace, have a look at the log, it will tell you why rows are getting dropped. You'll have to open the generated xfl file in Notepad.

JackLacava_0-1680773792655.png

Hi JackLacava,

I see the below error in the log. I'm not sure if I've to create any additional mapping rules for time apart from the one I stated in my original post. Please let me know.

A_sh_0-1680774883627.png

A_sh
New Contributor

Also, how can I map the Amount column here? 

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

That doesn't look like the configuration is correct. Should look something like this:

datasource properties:

JackLacava_0-1680775837930.png

As many Time sources as you have periods:

JackLacava_2-1680775990819.png

Note the last property, it's important - it will tell Onestream where to look for the actual period name. That name will have to be mapped in Transformation rules.

Hi JackLacava,

I did set up these values in all Time Dimensions. I then had to play a little bit with the transformation rules and it seems it's importing now but the problem is that it's not bringing the attribute dimensions like Project, Client, and Spare. Can you help if I'm missing something here?

Krishna
Valued Contributor

1. CUbe Integration settings you have to enable the Attributes.

2. Add the Attributes if it is not listed in the Data Sources if exists then map the attribute column.

Thanks
Krishna