How to copy a scenario from one application to another?

Jmorgan
New Contributor II

Hello,

I recently recovered a scenario from a restored application copy from a point in time. I now would like to extract that scenario from the application copy and put that in our working application.

Does anyone have any idea on how this would be done?

Thank you,

Jeremy Morgan

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

FredLucas
Contributor II

Hi @Jmorgan,

Great timing, I think you should have a look at the newly launched OpenPlace solution called: Cube Data Manager.

You can use it to copy data across applications, environments etc.

Hope it helps!

View solution in original post

aformenti
Contributor

Hi @Jmorgan,

I assume you mean copy the scenario including data into the working application? 

You have various options on how to do that, but all of them require some sort of data integration between the working app and the recovered app.. The standard way to do that would be:

1. Create the scenario into the new app (if it does not exist)
  2. Export the Data form the recovered scenario into a flat file
  3. Create or leverage an existing Workflow Profile and get it configured to import the flat file you exported
  4. Load the data

With this approach, just consider that you will loose traceability of the Origin of the data, since all data will be loaded through O#Import. 

Alternatively, there is a new OnePlace Solution called Cube Data Manager. If I am not mistaken, this would keep the Source Origin and It would allow you to move data between both applications:

https://solutionexchange.onestream.com/dashboard/home/browse

Hope that helps, 

ALbert

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

FredLucas
Contributor II

Hi @Jmorgan,

Great timing, I think you should have a look at the newly launched OpenPlace solution called: Cube Data Manager.

You can use it to copy data across applications, environments etc.

Hope it helps!

Jmorgan
New Contributor II

Wow... Yes, I have been waiting for this since August 2023, what a great solution!

aformenti
Contributor

Hi @Jmorgan,

I assume you mean copy the scenario including data into the working application? 

You have various options on how to do that, but all of them require some sort of data integration between the working app and the recovered app.. The standard way to do that would be:

1. Create the scenario into the new app (if it does not exist)
  2. Export the Data form the recovered scenario into a flat file
  3. Create or leverage an existing Workflow Profile and get it configured to import the flat file you exported
  4. Load the data

With this approach, just consider that you will loose traceability of the Origin of the data, since all data will be loaded through O#Import. 

Alternatively, there is a new OnePlace Solution called Cube Data Manager. If I am not mistaken, this would keep the Source Origin and It would allow you to move data between both applications:

https://solutionexchange.onestream.com/dashboard/home/browse

Hope that helps, 

ALbert

Jmorgan
New Contributor II

Thank you! I have been waiting for that to release since I heard about it in August 2023!