Remove cleared Workflow data from Cube

Jones
New Contributor III

Hello,

I was reading below thread and wanted to try that out. Unfortunately that didn't work which might be due to OneStream version:

https://community.onestreamsoftware.com/t5/Office-Hours/Data-was-loaded-to-People-Planning-then-Load...

What I wanna now is if there are any way to remove the loaded cube data from the workflow. The Clear button seems to only clear stage + workflow but not Cube.

Above advice was quite interesting but it gives me following error:

JonesHedlund_1-1694530927543.png

6 REPLIES 6

Henning
Valued Contributor

kenostrovsky
New Contributor II

In the workflow profile set the "Is Optional Data Load" to True

Then try completing the Validate and Load Steps.

Jones
New Contributor III

Hey, thanks for the reply. Tried this but it did not work on 7.1.3.

CMBPM
New Contributor II

Hi JonesHedlund, 

I replied to a post similar to this. The above can be used and another workaround is to essentially load nothing to the cube by retransforming without the load and retransform and continuing through to the load to cube.

https://community.onestreamsoftware.com/t5/Application-Build/Unable-to-clear-stage-data/m-p/24458#M2...

-Colin

Jones
New Contributor III

Hey, thanks for Sharing,

Well I tried the retransform part (after setting optinal data load to True). But it gives be below message on version 7.1.3. 

JonesHedlund_0-1694707659084.png

I also tried below option since I never tried it before, but the cube data remains but workflow load step gets cleared. 

JonesHedlund_0-1694708555396.png

Data Management - Clear data for the particular Data Unit however works fine. But I was wondering if there was a way of doing it directly from workflow since it would be really smooth.

CMBPM
New Contributor II

When you are doing the "Retransform", is the imported file present? When we want to load nothing, we do the "Clear All 'Import' Data from Cube" or the "X Clear" button so the Stage is empty. Then we hit "Retransform".

1. Clear Import, 2. Retransform, 3. Validate, 4. Load to Cube.

I have seen a case with this error you are seeing where the Data had come through into import but all rows were bypassed in some capacity so it was not able to produce any Summary Data Rows.