Run a parametrised data management sequence from a dashboard

AndreaF
Contributor III

Hi all,

I have a data management step which is of "execute business rule" type, and make use of parameters so that when I run it, it prompts me to select the parameters. The parameters are "member dialog" parameters.

AndreaF_0-1683706918245.png

Now, since I want users to be able to run the step without giving them access to the Application tab, I am creating a dashboard that has a button in it to run the data management step.

I have built some combo boxes that use "member list" parameters, created a data mng sequence that contains the data mng step, and a standard button which runs the data mng sequence.

AndreaF_1-1683707521044.png

How do I pass the combo boxes selection to the data mng sequence?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AndreaF
Contributor III

To give an update, I have been able to pass the parameters from the combo boxes to the data mng step via the standard button.

One thing to consider and that I was initially getting wrong is that the parameters to pass must be the member dialog parameters, and not the data mng step parameters name.

The following pictures will make it clearer.

This is the data mng step:

AndreaF_0-1683716478585.png

This does not work (using the data mng step parameter name):

AndreaF_1-1683716478587.png

This works (using the member dialog parameter):

AndreaF_2-1683716478587.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

You can create a dashboard extender rule and do the following 

Create a dictionary 

Pass the combo box values to the rule.

Dim strCMBValue as String = args.NameValuePairs.XFGetValue("whatyoupasswdasbuttonclick")

Dim dictDMparams as New Dictionary( of string, strong)

dictDMparams.Add("DMParam", strCMBValue)

Brapi.utilities.executedmsequence(sequencename,  dictDMparams)

AndreaF
Contributor III

To give an update, I have been able to pass the parameters from the combo boxes to the data mng step via the standard button.

One thing to consider and that I was initially getting wrong is that the parameters to pass must be the member dialog parameters, and not the data mng step parameters name.

The following pictures will make it clearer.

This is the data mng step:

AndreaF_0-1683716478585.png

This does not work (using the data mng step parameter name):

AndreaF_1-1683716478587.png

This works (using the member dialog parameter):

AndreaF_2-1683716478587.png

Yes, if you are running it directly from the button, then yes it is way. Usually I prefer to use the dashboard extender rule approach as I can check whether the parameter is empty or whether it is materialized and then run the dm sequence. 

No I think you are right. I don't know what I was thinking. Typing code from phone is also not helping. Yup you pass the parameter name as the name and then the parameter value as the value when calling a DM from dashboards.