Task Scheduler ran 1 time but not fore subsequent tasks

allanaklepko
New Contributor III

I've seen an earlier post around this issue.  Was there a bug?  Is there a solution? thank you.

7 REPLIES 7

MikeG
Contributor III

Hi @allanaklepko Not much to go on here.  Not the Task Scheduler will execute a Data Management Sequence (not the Step).  Make sure all the DM Steps are assigned to the Sequence you are wanting to Schedule.  If you provide more info I'll try to help you out.

Good luck.

allanaklepko
New Contributor III

allanaklepko_0-1698673279010.pngthanks Mike, the sequence works manually and when task scheduler start time is changed.  but there is nothing happening subsequently at the interval of 120 minutes.

allanaklepko
New Contributor III

I am executing a data management sequence Batch BR Automation.

rjgoss
New Contributor III

I submitted a bug report about task scheduler not triggering when using the Time From/To (minutes interval) option 11 months ago.  At the time of submission, this applied up to version 7.1.3.  What version are you using?  If a version after that, it seems to not have been fixed yet.

allanaklepko
New Contributor III

Hi Ryan, we found a solution of keeping the 'time to' just before 8pm EST (12 UTC), which solved the issue.  We have daylight savings time this weekend, so i will check if i need to update the time to jsut before 7pm EST.

rjgoss
New Contributor III

Glad that works for you and good to know.  Thanks.  Too bad for half the world, though.  😐

As for the time interval, have you tried it with an interval of 99 minutes or less?  I vaguely remember that being discussed in my conversations with OS Support a year ago, but don't remember if that worked.  It may be worth a try just to see.

allanaklepko
New Contributor III

We are on old version of 6.8, going live to 7.4.2 in December.  Shorter time intervals worked as well after time to was updated.  The key is probably to calculate where your time zone is in relation to UTC.  We have daylight savings time ending on the weekend, so it's likely the scheduler will stop running and i will need to update it to just before 7pm EST instead of 8.