Workflow - Load Methods

vmanojrc30
New Contributor III

I have a source file that will be updated/changed with the entities being loaded every time when it is loaded via a WF.In Order to preserve the balances of the Entities previously loaded I am thinking to have Source ID same as my Entity Name as I don't see any "Merge" Mode Load Option in WF. Is there any other way or better option to load files in Merge Mode.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

EricOsmanski
Valued Contributor

Splitting by Source ID would work, but there is also an Append load option

EricOsmanski_0-1687915759764.png

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

EricOsmanski
Valued Contributor

Splitting by Source ID would work, but there is also an Append load option

EricOsmanski_0-1687915759764.png

Thanks Eric! I tried appending and it accumulates the balances if an entity was previously loaded, and a new balance was updated for the same entity. So, I think in order to Merge the data split by source ID is the option.

I tried with Entity as Source ID to enable Merge Mode load. However, there is a restriction on number. of Source IDs per Workflow (1000).

Appreciate any other suggestions to load data in Merge Mode.

Hello @vmanojrc30 , wondering if you managed to get to the bottom of the "merge" mode load. I am working on a couple of solutions also - so thought I'd check-in. Thanks, Dimitrios

Hi @dimitriosc 

I used Source ID field to map the dimension/dimension members I want to Merge data .Note that Source IDs have a ,imitation of 1000.

Thanks @vmanojrc30 - I guess the complexity comes in if you want to upload specific intersections. For example you are importing a full TB for Entity A; then day2 you want to update 3 data intersections in the BS, Day 3 you want to update a couple more lines in your IS, etc - is your approach related to "merging" complete a complete dataset for an entity? If you have some availability it would be great to connect over a call to discuss in more detail 

kmd
Contributor

Wondering why there is no Merge option to begin with?  Perhaps this is something that needs to be promoted to ideastream or whatever it's called now