Org-by-period Consolidation | Eliminations

Chris-B
New Contributor

Good Day,

In order to implement Org-by-period Consolidation, you need to set the Consolidation View to Periodic so that the correct Share for e.g. the income statement can be calculated for only the period for which an entity was consolidated to a parent.

The guidance is clear that "When Consolidation View is set to Periodic and no data is loaded to the IC Accounts for
a specific month, custom Elimination rules are required". I assume this is because of built in zero suppression settings on the Elimination data buffer.

However, here is what is strange to me and I'm not sure if I'm missing something.

When setting the Consolidation View to Periodic and note that No Data Zero View is set to YTD as data is loaded YTD, for any entity, there is a problem with eliminations as follows:

When loading 100 000 in January, the full 100 000 is eliminated. If you load 100 000 again YTD in February, nothing gets eliminated. If you load e.g. 100 000.01 YTD in February, then the full amount gets eliminated again.

So it seems that custom Elimination rules are not only required when no data is loaded to the IC Accounts, but also if the data loaded in the next month is the same as the prior month?

0 REPLIES 0