Stuck on Cancelling Task

bjornliow
New Contributor II

I ran an import which was stuck on parsing data, I clicked on Cancel Task, but it has been stuck on 'Cancelling By User' task status for over an hour.

Any solutions to cancel the task? I am unable to rerun the task as it is still "running"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

OS_Pizza
Contributor III

You have to recycle the server(s) to kill/stop the stuck process. It can be done using system diagnostics dashboard.

Choose recycle type as Force -> click on the recycle button.

OS_Pizza_0-1677156783105.png

Please give Kudos and mark the answer as accepted solution if it resolves your query.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

OS_Pizza
Contributor III

You have to recycle the server(s) to kill/stop the stuck process. It can be done using system diagnostics dashboard.

Choose recycle type as Force -> click on the recycle button.

OS_Pizza_0-1677156783105.png

Please give Kudos and mark the answer as accepted solution if it resolves your query.

RK
New Contributor

Hi there,

Seems there is no 'recycle' feature in the last OSD version SV202 dated 03-Aug-2023.

Does anybody know how to perform server recycle in that case?

RK
New Contributor

Have found this is the standard feature in the Desktop app.

RK_0-1700423169264.png

BamaGirl
New Contributor

We had a similar situation where it would stop on Assigned. We could clear it with recycle. However, still don't know what would cause it to hang on Assigned then eventually fail? It times out and never goes to the "Running" state. It just fails after a certain amount of time.