Cube View formatting mixed dimensions

FM
New Contributor III

I have a Cube View that is displaying a single dimension in the first column (Departments), and a second dimension (Accounts) in the second column.

FM_0-1659103176916.png

In order to match the formatting of the report that is currently in use I’d like it to display in the first column Departments up to the bolded Total row, then accounts from there on out. In essence it would be  mix of two different dimensions displayed in the first column.

I would also like for the second column to be hidden. I have made some attempts to match the formatting as I described, but without success.

Do you have any ideas on how to achieve this?

Thank you for your time in advance.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

ChristianW
Valued Contributor

Use:

UD1#Something:name(|MFAccount|) (or UD1#Something:name(|MFAccountDesc|))

A#SomethingElse:name(|MFUD1|) (or A#SomethingElse:name(|MFUD1Desc|))

where needed.

View solution in original post

aricgresko
Contributor III

Christian's comment above should work and essentially what I'm going to add a little bit of extra color to.  I have a very similar use case to the example you provided. 

I would only use Member Expansion 1 in your Rows.  If you use your Department dimension in Member Expansion 1 and your Account dimension in Nested Member Expansion 2, you'll have those two columns appear.

Let's assume UD1 is Department in your case, I would recommend the following.

For everything to the bolded Total row you showed, use the following: U1#TotalDepartment.base:A#OPEX:Name(|MFUD1Desc|)

For everything below the bold, use the following: U1#TotalDepartment:A#OPEX.base:Name(|MFAccountDesc|)

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

ChristianW
Valued Contributor

Use:

UD1#Something:name(|MFAccount|) (or UD1#Something:name(|MFAccountDesc|))

A#SomethingElse:name(|MFUD1|) (or A#SomethingElse:name(|MFUD1Desc|))

where needed.

FM
New Contributor III

Thank you for your reply ChristianW!

aricgresko
Contributor III

Christian's comment above should work and essentially what I'm going to add a little bit of extra color to.  I have a very similar use case to the example you provided. 

I would only use Member Expansion 1 in your Rows.  If you use your Department dimension in Member Expansion 1 and your Account dimension in Nested Member Expansion 2, you'll have those two columns appear.

Let's assume UD1 is Department in your case, I would recommend the following.

For everything to the bolded Total row you showed, use the following: U1#TotalDepartment.base:A#OPEX:Name(|MFUD1Desc|)

For everything below the bold, use the following: U1#TotalDepartment:A#OPEX.base:Name(|MFAccountDesc|)

FM
New Contributor III

ChristianW, Thanks for explaining that in detail. I took your suggestions and applied them and it works as intended! Much appreciated!

FM
New Contributor III

In regards, to this U1#TotalDepartment:A#OPEX.base:Name(|MFAccountDesc|), why is the bolded part in between pipes? Thanks

aricgresko
Contributor III

That's a substitution variable used to call out the Account Description within your Member Filter (MF).  In my example, when I called out |MFUD1Desc|, I want the row to return the department and when I called out |MFAccountDesc|, I want the row to return the account.